ENEDED

I prefer the color of the cw but in that case I’ll have to wait for the cw to end up in a new inventory … sad.

If Lexel had not made a driver I would do the same as you, besides waiting for to be corrected the faults of the first lots

Has anyone been able to measure the emitter star size? I’m learning these big reflector lights tend to need a star bigger than the normal 20mm which can cause some difficulty finding them.

I broke down and bought the Mateminco version since that seems to be the odd one out now…(cold sweats, shaky hands, the whole works)

But am also going to get Giggles.

PS I really suck at quitting my flashlight addiction!

Did you see what was posted earlier?

Giorgoskok says they are both being made the same now. :person_facepalming:

Hopefully you will be okay. Maybe even get an older MT35.

Hmmm , let me measure the mcpcb size tomorrow , i think it is something like 30mm? 32mm? .

Hi Rusty
Out of curiosity do you have a link to where you got the mateminco ?
I’ve got a code for the MF02 but I’m waiting in the wings for a few to surface before I pounce on one
Thanks mate

See PM

thanks Rusty
I really want this MF02 to be what it promises for everyone

I did this shot tonight, and i got to say while its far off i swear it looked to me like the chimny at the Verdo power plant bacame more easy to see.

Chimney in middle of pic visible over rooftops, this vantage point are some + 50 - 60 M above the water.

I am looking high and low for a darker place to do a shot, after all my little home town do have a little light pollution going on too.

But no doubt this sucker reach farther than anything i have, and i am pretty happy with it, even if it became more expensive than i hoped it will be due to the silly circumstances here.

That big picture is not showing up for me.

I just changed the other post, can also do this that might work for ya

https://goo.gl/X3LohQ

EDIT: i have just spotted a new place to try out next time i go visit my friend, 1000 M / 1 Km over water.

It’s showing now.

The link doesn’t show any image.

Doesn’t show here either.

I took a measurement in the battery holder and I got 6.05A in turbo mode.

That’s promising. I don’t know what the efficiency of the boost driver is, but let’s say 90%. If the batteries are fully charged, then that should deliver about 2.7A to the emitter.

Even at 80% efficiency it would deliver 2.4A to the emitter.

Boost drivers are a bit tricky to guess at, but I think my numbers are correct. It definitely seems like more power to the emitter than the older MT35 driver which tested at 1.9A

Let me see if i can get a couple of gut shots to work.

Removing the thermal paste and then putting it back together resulted in a light not working, i had to put a spacer in the rear to get it going again.

I have not been able to unscrew the business end, its simply too tight for my old hands to grip it good enough, and i dont have any pliers that can grip on such a large diameter.

Hmmm, I hope they didn’t add that thermal paste to try and fix a tolerance mistake.

Yeah its really weird, at first i was like Nooooo i broke it :person_facepalming:

But then with the tail cap off i pressed down on the battery carrier with the hand and then the light worked just fine, i am going thru moving boxes that have been standing here in my apartment for 6 years unopened cuz i know i have some little brass shims that will be fine.

Also frustrating i cant unscrew the glass and get it opened in that end, i really wanted to have a look in there too.