ENEDED

I just got my light in. It does not turn off. In normal mode or the lockout mode it stays turned on in the lowest setting. Is there a fix for this?

Sounds like a faulty driver, make a video and report faulty light to Banggood

My BLF Narsil replacement wont be ready to ship this year, you may consider it nevertheless

Way too many problems with these lights with only a few delivered. My first one should be here in 2 or 3 days, just CANCELED the order for the second one. You guys know what quality control means?

Do they ship NW yet ?

no

I’m interesting NW, please add me to the list for 2 pcs

Sorry is the faulty lights from version 1 or version 2?

Only one version, they are just starting to arrive. You are thinking of the MF01.

I’m starting to get pretty annoyed with BangGood. After sending them a video, they’ve been asking me questions for days, and now they want me to take a new video. Not sure how long this is going to carry on for.

Surely, if an item is defective, they should just replace it? And since it seems to have been sent from the UK (arrived at the National Depot the same day it was marked as ‘dispatched’), it shouldn’t be a problem for them to ask me to send my light back and figure out themselves what is wrong with it, instead of expecting me to do all the work, and having to deal with those delays.

Guess I’ll have to live with the fact that I’m not going to have a working MF-02 before Christmas.

Sorry to know you are first to receive MF01 but also first to face the lemon.

I think Banggood CS is doing standard procedure to do warranty claim for you.
It is painful experience to have malfunctioned torch. I almost experience defect on arrival last Sunday with Haikelite MT01, I opened the torch carefully so that i don’t void the warranty, investigated the root cause and fixed the problem. Luckily it is just grounding contact problem. But i am still monitoring its performance.

If you choose the route to go through customer service, it will be slow and testing your patience.

I guess that’s the price you sometimes have to pay for getting things so cheap :expressionless:

If I had the skills, I’d just wait for Lexel’s driver. But after previously taking my MF-01 apart, I’ve still not dared to install the new MCPCB - only had my soldering station for about a month, and still trying to successfully tin wire ends without making a mess of it …

Thanks, mine (NW) didn’t ship yet, it seems all the CWs are shipped first. Never came across any pics in this thread, have I been looking in the wrong places? I have seen two MF-01s as a working dual head, but not this one yet.

Interesting - I assume this happened when you ran both at the same time? Or using only one? I really want to use this as a flood/thrower 2 in 1 light…

On mine you have to hold in the button to completely shut it off. Otherwise a quick push moves it to moonlight lowest setting. Have you tried holding in the button for 5 secs.

I am aware of the lockout feature and that isn’t the problem. To lock, hold the button down for 2-3 seconds and the slowly blinking green light goes out. Do the same again to remove it from lockout mode. I turned it on with new & tested cells when it arrived. It came on and was quite impressive. When i attempted to turn it off, it stays in moonlight mode. Either locked or un-locked, it does not turn off. I took the cell carrier out to turn it off. When I put the carrier back in, it does not turn on at all however the green blinking light on the switch comes on. The carrier has a sticker directing the polarity and it is inserted correctly.
My unit, like many others on here clearly has a faulty driver.
I have messaged both privately on here and to Banggood customer service.

Mine arrived today. Works fine, but as cgcollege mentioned, I have to hold the button for ~1.5-2 seconds to turn off. Holding “too long” does nothing . Normal clicks just cycle through the modes round and round again.

I do like double tap max/turbo. I try to set all my lights this way if I can.

Lock-out only seems to work from off. Press and hold, then the lighted switch shuts off. Locked out till you press and hold again.

That’s good to hear. Mine will arive today i cant wait to get it

Hi, I’m new to the forum!
I ordered mine last month and it arrived today. Charging up some Samsung 30q’s now, hope the light works.

Picked up both of mine today. Both work with no issues so far. Long press to turn off from all modes, except beacon. Short press to turn off from beacon. Otherwise, same as above posters

Compared to my TN42 CW, I would say that the MF02 is a little warmer in color and the MF02 does not have as tight a focus as the TN42. With the tighter focus on the TN42, I would have to also say that the TN42 will throw farther than the MF02. I have no tools to measure this, just at about 5 meters against a flat surface, the difference in focus is quite obvious

Got one MF02 today, everything seems to work correctly. Compared to my K70, the hotspot on the MF02 is less focused and therefore has a little less throw but at closer distances the wider hotspot lights up a larger area. Considering the MF02 was $65 cheaper, I am happy.

Anyone tried to focus it better?