ENEDED

same for my measurements

I measured here 15910cd @5.4m cold start
so this equals 464kcd at 1m

at 30s I measure 15100cd at 5.4m
this equals 440kdc at 1m 30s

compared to your lumens measurements this results in a bit over 2500 lumens

the 30s mark did not drop much, so the thermal performance of the MCPCB is very good

Basically throw and lumens numbers are quite below what was advertised

Modded the light with a XHP HI E2-3C in NW

beat the 500k mark with this one very pleased

538kcd now

I am waiting to leave a new version to buy.

Where did you get the E2 3C? Quickly checked around and can't find them. Maybe Mouser?

I ordered 50 of them from Cutter sold all bit 2 for myself

Seems Cutter or Mountain Electronics has no more E2s right now

Last night getting home from x-mas at my sisters house, i saw some one messing around on the school football field / playground with a measly flashlight.

And as i had my astrolux in hand i decided to lend a little help from 100 M away :smiley: the 2 people absolutely freaked when the full power of the astrolux hit them :partying_face:

So after lighting them up for a few seconds i turned the flashlight skywards, and that gave me another Oooooo from them :sunglasses:

haha!

Still i have a paperweight with no resolution. After making me jump through several hoops, Banggood is now “checking with the manufacturer to see how they want to proceed”. That was four days ago. I am getting very impatient over the care I am being shown.

The curse of shopping abroad, you just have to pray you are not unlucky.
Funny thing are Chinese companies that have opened up warehouses in the rest of the world do pretty good, even if its in the EU where i think the norm are 2 years warranty.

But the hoop jumping are a pain indeed :weary:

My NW has been shiped.

My MF02 NW too.

I hope they have fixed the problem of bad contact …

Where do I find something about the problems they had?

Same here, just got the e-mail Nw shipped.

Now to wait 2 more weeks for it to arrive.

Meanwhile I have the cool white one to play with. Seriously considering a xhp70.2 swap just to see how it does.

Any ideas where to find a 12v 28mm xhp70 mcpcb?

Ditto, got Email NW version shipped !

They are hard to find. Currently the only solution I know of is to buy a 6v version and convert it to 12v by cutting 2 traces and adding a wire.

I know this 32mm will fit the GT, but if the MF02 uses a 28mm, then this one will not fit.

MAXTOCH Copper MCPCB Cree XHP70 MK-R2 MKR 32mm x 1.6mm Direct Thermal Path Copper Board
http://s.aliexpress.com/n22aYRJ3

You might be able to cut it down to 28mm with a grinder, though. If your good with tools.

Vinh used a 6v mcpcb and a new 6v driver to make his MT35vn.

interested

Very interested.

VN sells these with the xhp70.2 and he says it’s his best xhp.2 thrower. Bettery then k60vn.

He says that?

I think the k60vn has about the same reflector size of this light, but it is OP. So obviously this SMO light is going to give better throw performance. Now if he put a 70.2 in a TN42 then it would be better still, due to the larger reflector. But bang for the buck, these MF02 and MT35 are hard to beat for Vinh to mod and sell. The prices are much lower, yet the drivers are the same he uses in the more expensive lights.

Yeah with my MF02 driver output is supposed up to 8A at 6A so not hard driven, but 8A at 12V is pretty much as far as you want to drive it

You can basically convert any 6V MCPCB, even non DTP can be modded DTP by removing the layer of copper and insulator , just needs more solder on that pad to fill the 30-50um

Don’t buy this light! The saga continues. Banggod has responded finally after asking me to wait several days between responses. Really just hoops they want me to jump through.
They have asked for pictures. I sent pictures.
They asked for video, i sent video.
They asked me to take the switch apart and clean it. I did this even though the switch operated and lit up as it should.
Now Bangood asked “have you taken the head apart and tried soldering the wires to the substrate”

Are you they joking?? The light operated for a few moments only, then would not turn off. Subsequently the light never came back on.
I waited on backorder for some time to get this unit ans it worked a total of 15 seconds.
I have filed a PayPal complaint which they are not responding to. Now i have escalated my PayPal complaint to a refund demand.
I will spend my $$ elsewhere. Take my advice, skip this one, Astrolux and Banggood.

I have been back and forth with them for 11 days now. Still no resolution or offer to remedy the situation.
They last asked me: “have you taken the head apart. Can you try to solder the wires to the substrate”.
I told them no and to refund me.