ENEDED

Is it normal for an LED to glow and then dim out after a torch is activated? That is what mine is doing. Weird.

Yes!! Please do :slight_smile:

They should be identical. Same reflector and same driver. Just a different name.

Ya, that was the impression I had, same light, made in the same factory.

But who knows, maybe they have some small differences?

Either way, Would still like to see a comparison.
It would be very very interesting if one light outperformed the other

I saw the mateminco version on alibaba.

And i ordered a sample order

Not a bad price. How much did you pay with shipping?

Exact same lights. Astrolux does not make any of their lights. They are all made by third party manufacturers. Astrolux is the house brand of Banggood.

it was $25.4 shipped to MI, DHL. kind of expensive

But i got it in 4 days.

Just started dialog with the Ali seller, they have 4 different shipping options. Do they have both CW and NW emitters, can’t find any info on that.

On the pics there is the old battery-tube (like on the MF01) and the smaller reflector.
Please tell, what you get.

It’s exactly the same as MF02 except the logo.

I don’t have MF02 in hand, so i am not sure what the difference is between them

The mateminco has Mateminco logo below the power button the one from alibaba has on/off. It doesn’t look right

Yeah, the picture seems like the old version.
But they do have the new version in their shop.

It seemed like they just didn’t change the product detail images.

Do you (or anyone else) know who makes the Astrolux S42? I’m looking for parts but Banggood don’t sell. When I ask them for contact details to manufacturer they just replay that they don’t sell the parts. EDIT: It looks like it’s the Mateminco S02.

Think it’s Manker.

Hmm, that Manker light doesn’t look exactly like the S42 but some parts might be interchangeable. The Mateminco S02 looks a lot more like the S42… but maybe Manker does them too :slight_smile:

Not really sure but I do know Manker has made Astrolux lights in the past.

Edit: Just looked up the Mateminco S02 and it looks just like the S42 to me.

Quite a few people have received NW already, but I haven’t seen any measurements yet. Am I missing something?

Mine was shipped like two weeks ago, and said would be delivered this past Monday. Still not here and no tracking info either. Will post results when I receive it.

what is the Mateminco version Rusty Joe?