ENEDED

Interested

I’m interested, hopefully this is still active.

Unfortunately, the NW Version is sold out. Hopefully, stock will become replenished by May 13, 2018 as stated by Banggood.

Hi ! Interested !

Availability of the NW version has been postponed to May 24, 2018. Yesterday, it was May 13, 2018. It seems there is a delay in Banggoods supply chain.

well atleast u can be sure they dont rush things, perhaps just a busy month for the supplier getting the reflector done who knows…

Has anyone compared the actual output of both emitters (nw and cw)? Usually, cold white emitters have a slightly higher beam distance respectively a bit more throw. On the other hand, I read about some flashlights with adjusted nw emitters that have a slightly higher current draw in return for more output (to be at least in line with the cw version).

Currently, I prefer to order the NW version for its spot will illuminate the environment in more natural colours but to be honest, I don‘t know if color rendering is important at all when using a thrower on distances farther than let’s say 100m…

I’ve heard that some lux meters are more sensitive to cooler tints than the warmer tints.

The current draw of a neutral white emitter is still going to be limited by the driver. So that shouldn’t matter concerning the xhp35. Only with FET drivers might it come into play. Sometimes a neutral white emitter will have a lower forward voltage then a cool white so on a FET driver it might pull more amperage. Is that what your talking about?

Here is a comparison of the MF04/MT35+ at 2.5A and the GT at 2.5A. One is cool white the other neutral white.

The MF04 reflector is only 4mm larger than the GT, so it’s a pretty fair comparison.

Yes, that‘s what I actually meant to express. I once read about the Thrunite TC20 and its slightly higher output in nw compared to the cw version. Maybe Thrunite has done some manual adjustments to the nw version. Anyway…thank you JasonWW! So, it‘s just a matter of tint color in the end and both the nw XHP35 and the cw XHP35 have the same output in terms of lux/lumen?

Pretty much. At least that is the thing you’re going to actually notice.

There’s a whole lot of other smaller details involved, though. I know the GT uses a D4 bin emitter, but I have no idea what bin Mateminco is using. Even emitters within the same bin can have a deviation of up to plus or minus 7. So you could have two D4 bin emitters with one at the lower end of the scale and one at the higher end of the scale and be 13 or 14% different in output. So bin numbers are a decent way to judge brightness, but even then you have shady sellers saying that they are selling a certain bin, but it might actually be a lower, cheaper bin. So you can get pretty big differences in output.

I was just looking at my GT at 2A and 2.5A and I really can’t see a difference in brightness with my eyes. I’m sure a lux meter could pick up the difference, but my eyes can’t.

Lux/lumen? I guess if you have two emitters that measure pretty much the same output, then yeah the lux should be the same as well.

PS, I’m wondering if DB Custom used a higher bin cool white emitter in his GT or if it was the same bin as the neutral white? I can’t remember.

Thank you JasonWW! I assume there is no way to find out what bin Astrolux uses on the MF02, right? And even if there was some way to find it out, I could imagine that Astrolux probably has a lot of variation of LED bins used in its flashlights, depending on availability.

It’s kind of a guessing game. You can sort of get close to finding the bin just by comparing the emitter output at a set voltage and amperage to one from a reputable seller. For instance, Texas_Ace had some xhp35-HI that were supposed to be E2 bin and he compared it to some D4 from a reputable source and found they actually performed better. Which lead him to conclude those E2 were probably D2.

Usually manufacturers don’t have a lot of variation in the bin that they use for a particular light because they have to buy the LEDs on a reel and with the xhp35hi, it’s a thousand LEDs per reel. So they’re usually going to be pretty similar unless they have a leftover reel that they switch to.

If someone like Texas_Ace had an MF02 that he could test, he could probably figure out what bin it has using his test rig. There’s only a handful of people on blf that can really test these things well. It’s possible that somebody has already tested an MF02 and figured out the data, but I just have not read enough reviews on it.

Besides the bin, you also have to consider what version of the MF02 you’re dealing with. Earlier versions had a not-so-great driver that had a tendency to fail and also only put out about 1.8A output on Turbo. Then some people were measuring 3A and some 2.5A.

I’m interested

:smiley:

Welcome to BLF! [quote=prilo] I’m interested :D [/quote]

Interested!

Interested.

Done! Any more?

me too pls

I read that the Astrolux MF02 have a larger diameter reflector compared with the Mateminco MT35. Is that true?

It used to be true when they first came out. (The MT35 came out before the MF02) Then both lights switched over to a slightly larger reflector. Just 2mm bigger.