ENEDED

If you have a BLF account, then you have a PM account. Codes can not be made public so it has to be sent privately to you some how.

Placed my order for blk nw

They will be glued in place when i have the driver sorted out and everything reassembled.
I use Kafuter UV curing “glass glue” for the TIR, and probably universal glue for the boot.
At the moment the TIR is held in place by a galvanized spring steel wire ring (it’s the bottom coil cut off some spring i had lying around)

Looks good though, doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

To add to my impressions above, the spill doesn’t quite reach my feet when I’m looking forward. The angle isn’t wide enough. Still, I don’t believe that it would prove to be much of a detriment when hiking trails. Whenever I hike in the East (mainly the Adirondack Mountains) I find myself staring at my feet because of all the rocks and roots, and that’s in broad daylight!

I just checked and the nitecore hc30 tube fits perfectly. The Ee shorty tube fits the hc30 but I can’t verify if it works out of the box since my hc30 is without a driver as of the moment. Photo with my shorty h03

How did you do the shorty H03?
Like that or differently?

Pretty much where I got the idea. I bought the A6/S1 shorty tube from AE and 2 thin o-rings I had lying around (can’t remember where I got them from). Fits perfectly out of the box.

The hc30 tube on the X1r slims it down substantially making it easier to attach to the armytek headband.

Stainless steel clip from Astrolux S1.

Just ordered mine, black in NW. No more blue remaining :frowning:

Got mine…took a while.
I like the illuminated green switch.
Brightness is ok.
Wish it came with a clip as I will not be using as a headlamp.
Magnetic base (as reported by others) is not nearly strong enough to hold light at 90 degree angle on any metal surface… just slides off, they should have tested this and added a stonger magnet for the extra few pennies. Kind of disappointing if you wanted this to be handy for working on stuff and having your hands free.

Not gotten mine been a lil over 1mnth.

I had some down time, so I swapped out the led to a 351d 4000k 90cri and the reflector to a TIR. I swapped out the green led to an orange led, which isn’t as bright… But does anyone know how to mod switch light so that it’s constant on and turns off when you turn the light on?

!

!

!

!

There is no easy way to do that. That led is controlled by the charging circuit mcu and you would need to reprogram the UI. That’s not gonna happen.

If you want to leave the red led alone for battery indicator purposes, you could sever the pcb trace going to the orange/green led and run a constant power wire to it. It would be on all the time, including with the main light on. You would have to break battery power to turn it off.

That’s the closest I can see to doing what your asking.

I used the clip form my busted Astrolux S42 that had been gathering dust. Fits nicely. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks for the response, I was thinking about swapping out the driver to one of Lexel’s drivers but I think the driver is fine the way it is. Too bad there’s no easy fix to the switch light issue.

Add a bigger resistor to reduce it’s output. Easier still, put a black marker dot on top of the led to reduce its output.

Just got mine, the NW is indeed really nice i also like the beam pattern better on this light compared to my Nitecore HC33 (XHP35)
The thread is dry and rough though.

Can I get the code again, I need to order one for a friend. He liked mine after he saw it, so I gotta share.

I have resent you in case you deleted my Sep mail.

Thanks! I got your PM.