ENEDED

Add a bigger resistor to reduce it’s output. Easier still, put a black marker dot on top of the led to reduce its output.

Just got mine, the NW is indeed really nice i also like the beam pattern better on this light compared to my Nitecore HC33 (XHP35)
The thread is dry and rough though.

Can I get the code again, I need to order one for a friend. He liked mine after he saw it, so I gotta share.

I have resent you in case you deleted my Sep mail.

Thanks! I got your PM.

Has anyone done any current measurements of the X1R?

Since the specified max output on the factory XP-L emitter is 480 lumens, is it safe to assume the current on high is around 1 amp?

This chart is from djozz’s XP-L test thread:

1A would not be enough once you take into account all the losses from the reflector, lens and driver. Maybe 1.3A-1.4A is closer (if we use that chart). Hopefully someone who has one can do a tail cap amp measurement.

Interested in the NW option. Thanks freeme!

im interested

1. 4.17V @1.37A on HIGH with VTC5A.
  2. 4.16V @1.30A on HIGH with Keeppower IMR18350.

Order Placed

Thanks, freeme! :+1:

Thanks. It’s nice to know my estimate was legit. :sunglasses:
Lol

Update on the magnetic tail not strong enough to hold the light in place horizontally.
I found various sizes of little round rare earth neodymium magnets at a local surplus shop and after experimenting with a few, found one that will slide under the spring nicely and attach to the existing OEM magnet and not interfere with a tight closing of the cap.
Now it works like it should, magnet issue solved, total cost $1.

Could you take a measurement of the magnet?

Magnet size is 17.7mm x 1.6mm. The inner opening in the tailcap should accept 18mm (max) diameter size magnet.

My X1R arrived today, and it seems like a really nice light. :+1:

I swapped in a rosy Nichia 219B R9080 sw45k and changed the switch’s green LED to a pink one.

I added a piece of d-c-fix to the lens, and left a small tab so I can more easily peel the film off if I suddenly need a throwier beam. :smiley:

An Armytek Wizard pocket clip fits nicely, and the X1R works great with a Zebralight 18650 headband.

Thanks again for arranging the group buy, freeme! :+1:

Thread title shows active, if that’s still correct please pm me!

@PBwilson, assume your asking me;
The size of the magnet I bought is ever so slightly larger than a small watch battery buy just a few milliliters in height and circumference.

The specs freeme quoted I think is the OEM magnet size, but you cannot just add another one of similar size or the spring will not compress and the tail cap will not fully close because the spring gets in the way of the threads….tried that!

The idea is to get a magnet strong enough yet small enough to seat/center under the spring so the spring is free to compress as fully as possible .

Its a tight fit for sure, but it works.

It’s possible they used a cheaper N35 strength magnet. You might try the same size magnet, but in an N50 strength.