ENEDED

Thanks freeme, just received my order of the EE X1R Silver (which come with pocket clip, unlike the previous black/blue which didn’t — or do they now?).

I’d like to reorder maybe a couple more X1R Silver, until when will the previous $16 code still be active?

All colors will come with clips eventually. Give them some time to clear the earlier batch.

Looks like a TIR optic.

Pretty easy to break these down - I wrapped some kapton tape around tips of a needle-nose and easily got off the switch and lens bezel. There is some smarts on the switch PCB - not sure what's goin on there but should be able to strip and wire it up with using the switch LEDs. Looks like I could fit a 20 mm driver in there, losing the USB charging and screw mounting, but threading the body tube down will hold the driver in place.

It's a copper MCPCB in there - nice! And should be easy swapping LED's.

Moddable?

freeme, may I please have a code? If color matters, blue, please.

I got started on modding one but other stuff got in the way. It looks like there is room to squeeze a Carclo triple in there with a TA driver if you get rid of the usb charger. I don’t trust those things anyway, probably strip the switch board completely or put some white led’s on there driven directly off a resistor.

A piece of 1/4 inch aluminum flat bar is about the right thickness for a spacer. I just sawed and filed it into a circle. The next step is to grind a groove or drill a hole to pass the switch wires through and then glue it in place.

It should be a good little flooder with wide angle optics and 4000k emitters.

If your willing to remove features then anything is moddable. I would prefer keeping the USB charging so I don’t really consider this light moddable. To each his own.

I am interested! Thanks!

While on paper, this one doesn’t seem to impress, especially compared with some of the lights being released lately, but I have been enjoying these lights ever since I got them. Something about a no-frills, works-well kind of light that is appealing to me right now.

I’ve used an Astrolux deep carry clip on mine and it fits well. I’d guess that folks might have one hanging around if they frequent this forum. Just last night I used mine clipped to the chest pocket of my parka.

Like another forum member suggested, I added a small rare-earth magnet inside the tail spring to boost the holding ability. It holds well in the 18350 mode in a horizontal position but I haven’t tried it yet with the 18650 set up. My magnet was about 3/16” in diameter and 1/8” tall for anyone who wants to try it.

I love that this light has no strobes or hidden modes. Just a simple 3 level light with a magnetic tail. The magnet in my light is strong enough to hold the light with the longer 18650 installed, but I would like it a bit stronger. The ridiculously strong magnet in the Emisar D4S has spoiled me :smiley:

I've eliminated USB charging in many many mods, and losing something I don't use is not a loss. I have limited mechanical capabilities, so if I can swap the LED and driver, that will do for me. I'd rather not lose the USB charging, but most lights don't have the electronics separated. The X6R and X7R are designed nicely to retain USB charging - was hoping this light would be a similar design but probably just not enough room.

Here's the modded X6R:

Now with a triple:

Here's an X7R modded, preserving USB charging:

AliExpress
85 degrees , does not require any alterations, pulled out the reflector, put in the optics

How significant was the loss of brightness? 20%

The drop in brightness did not measure, nothing, and does not make sense.
More than enough to work at a distance of stretched brightness hands

I’m not sure I understand your response. Are you saying that 85° TIR had no measurable reduction in output? It’s just as bright as the reflector?

If so, that’s great.

I’ve used this pebbled type 60° tir and get maybe 20% reduced output. I would like to find something more efficient.

You did not understand me, I did not say that there is no drop in brightness, I said that the fall in brightness is not critical for me.
These are the consequences of the translator.
I’m making a mod on triple X1R

So there is a loss, but your not sure how much?

[quote=JasonWW]

Exactly

Nice. :sunglasses:

Hi freeme, when I go to checkout it says “This coupon is not available for limited offer products”