ENEDED

FT01 is in stock. You can forward me your order number if you want me to check for you. [quote=rizky_p] Hi Freeme mine havent shipped yet. Is it delayed? [/quote]

I’m just reviewing mine right now for banggood, the power button flickers really fast whilst the flashlight is on or charging. Doesn’t matter which 18650 I use.

Also sometimes holding doesn’t go to strobe but it makes one quarter of the LED glow very faintly.

The same part of LED glows for a while after you turn the light off too.

It sounds like your review copy has some issues.

Guy this is a good light… built in charging works very nice… i measured 2210 lumen, and 2260 lumen @ turn on using samsung 40t…

What about the throw?

Yep I also got 2,215 lumens. It’s a very solid light. No throw measurements.

How fast does it blink when it’s charging?

I get 1515 for Turbo and 1515 for high

I like Astrolux products in general and I have several. This light however has me scratching my head as to whether I want it or not. Follow my reasoning for indecision a bit and maybe a few of you that have it can chime in:

1. Its only 2215 lumens out of a XHP50.2. I think 2000 is now the standard for an XHP35 so why the lackluster output from a 50 quad die?
  2. With a price point around $78, it is in competition with lights putting out 3,000-4200 lumen like the Wuben T70 and A21.
  3. I am quickly warming to 21700 lights but there are a couple of offerings with that cell like the Wuben A21, rofis MR50 and Mr30. Is this a better choice?
  4. If I want to really go cheaper I can buy a KDLitker c8.2 from Kaidomain for $28 with XHP50.2 emitter and they run over 2,200 lumen.

Does anybody have beamshot comparisons to similar lights?

Pretty fast… skv89 told me you have to turn on the flashlight to able to use built in charging…

I will clean all the contact points with the alcohol… then test it again…

This is what the light was built for Astrolux FT01 VIOLENCE TEST [2215LM 309m 8Modes] SOLID HARD --Banggood Flashlight - YouTube I have the Wuben A21 and Rofis MR50 great lights, very bright. The Astrolux is not as bright but I’m not finding any single cell XHP35’s that truly hit the 2000 mark either. You can pay less and get a more delicate light. The XHP50.2 allows for a smaller head to focus over the XHP70.2. Also at 191 grams it manages heat like a pro. I can run it on high for 30 minutes without cooking my hand. I would put this light in a category for hard use; off road, camping, emergency use, going to war, etc.

1. Xhp35-HI do not really get 2000lm even from fet drivers. With boost drivers they are maybe 1400-1700 at most. Boost drivers have to push it really hard to get 1700 lm. There are advantages to them running the xhp50.2 at 2200lm. Because it is not being pushed so hard you can get more turbo time. If they set their boost driver to 3000 lm you would get very little actual turbo time before the battery voltage would drop and you’d be limited to High mode at most. So it’s all about tradeoffs. Which do you prefer?

2. Prices can be funny. It partially depends on how much money it takes for them to build it. It can vary a lot. Some prices are better than others.
I also don’t think the Wuben can really hit 4200 lm. That is a lot for a boost driver. I would need to see some tests or amp draws to see what it can really do.

3. Rofis has chosen to not stand behind their 5 year warranty. You have to decide if they are worth it. I don’t know much about the Wuben company.

4. I don’t know anything about the KDLitker. Sorry.

Just tried it, it makes one quarter of the quad die glow very faintly. It’s very glitchy by the looks of it.

Anyway here’s my review

Oh wow that’s a great video. I like the heavy dutiness of this light. The mass and size allows this to maintain output better than most 21700 or 26650 lights, which makes this a practical tool instead of a toy that gets burning hot within a minute or two. Another plus is the dual switch. I find it much more intuitive than any one button light. THe Wuben A21 and MR50, I believe has a click and hold to turn on/off, which is the reason I didn’t buy them. I find that very unintuitive.

1. @wstrachan, you do know most manufacturers are actually overdriving the XHP35 to high levels? Counting optic losses, and the fact you need an high binned XHP35HD to even achieve the max rated lumens, it is very hard for the manufacturers to actually reach 2000 lumens of a single XHP35HD, meaning they have to overdrive quite significantly.

Also, most lights that use the XHP35 with a single cell boost driver don’t actually reach 2000 lumens, more like 1800 lumens. And they consume much more power to achieve that brightness too, which does not help the lights sustain that high output, and we know the XHP35 is less efficient than an XHP50.2, so that point is null.

The FT01 is driving the LED at its max rated current to achieve 2250 lumens for the NW version. That is a very reasonable, as they are not overdriving it. It also allows to stay at max output for much longer than if they were pushing it at 3000 lumens.

2. With a coupon code, you can get it for 55$US on the video texas shooter linked.

3. The Wuben A21 is a very nice light IMO. Go with it if you want more power at the cost of sustainability. Otherwise, the FT01 is a better choice.

4. That is a good alternative too. The C8 is a very host nice with lots of aftermarket parts, and it is a nice light with an XHP50.2

I’ve measured many identical lights with different output. Newlumens R90C measures 4k lumens more than mine and we have the exact same lumen tube and calibration. However, the difference between identical lights are normally within 10% so your 1515 lumens means probably something is wrong with your specific unit. However, since you use your own lumen calibration, our numbers are not comparable.

It’s not going into turbo. Try cleaning the contacts to reduce electrical resistance. What battery are you using? Preferably unprotected high drain.

Due to the glowing emitter, you may just have a bad driver in your light. Did I already mention this?

Flashaholics said in the video that he use samsung 30q… maybe thats why he is not getting 2200 lumen…

The fact I get 1515 lumens for both High and Turbo should tell you there’s an issue.

Did you measure high as well?