ENEDED

I got the same with VTC5A and Ampsplus too.

I never ever test fully on one cell but all the outdoor beamshots are with 30Q.

I once got 1300 lumen with the sony vtc5a… i cleaned all the contact points… one week later, i got 1900 lumen … weird.

Okay.

(I don’t watch any of his videos)

That’s a good cell capable of activating turbo. The flip side is its 5mm shorter than the 21700. The springs might not be pressing very hard on it. If the springs have light pressure on it, it can add extra resistance causing a lack of turbo. I’ve seen this with other boost driven lights.

It still doesn’t explain the main led glowing on one die while charging. If it’s only when charging, it should not be an issue since you have much more current going into the battery than coming out. It’s just an odd thing that makes me think the driver might have other issues on his sample.

I got 1,330 lumens on high. Your 1900 lumen might be turbo with a partially drained battery?

I cleaned the contact points before even starting the review as they were coated in grease.

I’ll see if it works better with a 21700, though others have had success with 18650’s.

You guys made some valid arguments. Maybe I will give this light a try. holding out for a great discount code though…

Has anyone been able to remove the bezel to get to the mcpcb? This thing is incredibly hard to remove. Any tips would be appreciated.

I used the flat shaft of a screw driver. Like a twist bar bridging two flat recesses. Takes lots of force.