EOSLAMP SP11 AAA XPE R3 $19.90 with own optional output! for $0.99 extra

Here is something for lefties and this might also help.

I don't know why but i noticed that when i let it on for a long time ... I can't turn it off ... just like if the battery goes longer and don't let the twystie turn enough to switch off ... but if i change the nimh it is ok ... the nimh goes ok after a charge too ...

strange but not a big trouble for me ....

Hmm, that was looking like a very nice light to have and twist fully to off was a unique feature for me, BUT I have heard too much of this issue and the lights pickiness on cell length. We still don’t know if it has a standby drain either. I guess I’ll settle with a Thrunite TI instead.

hugo - what battery were you using when you couldn't turn off? Have you tried Eneloop as well?

It won't turn off on Eneloops either. I've been told that this is a "feature" that the designer wanted to use. I'll be doing some tests to see at what voltage the flashlight will not turn off. A low voltage warning that keeps you on high.

Please check for any metal shavings making contact in the head, especially in the thread area where the driver is screwed in.

There's no PWM on low mode.

Impossible to see with a fan, not picked up by a photo, not visible to the eye, and invisible to my camera's live view monitor which can easily detected the 4500Hz of the Nanjg 105C (which is invisible to most of the people anyway and hard to detect even with a fan).

Here's a photo, EOSlamp on Low vs 4Sevens QUARK 123x2 on Low (not moonlight). Look as the start and at the end of the light streak on the 4Sevens.

The image can be seen at it's full resolution 1600px

not all quarks have pwm :)

I will try with duracell stay charged ...

I have showed you an example where there is PWM and I have nor said that all quarks have PWM.

Ordered on 1/29/12

Shipped on 2/2/12

Arrived 3/15 -- 46 days.

Not real happy about that, but I do like the light. Perfect finish, no nicks or scratches, nice knurling. Emitter centered, reflector & lens very clean, no dust. Threads well greased. Included lobster claw & split ring, 4 spare o-rings. Eneloop fits fine, operates as advertised. I got the 100 lumen version, so High is very bright for such a tiny light, have to twist off quite a ways to get to Low, which is really Low. Nice floody beam with slight purplish tint. Remember that you insert the batter opposite of most flashlights - negative end towards the emitter (Coil is at bottom of pill).

This is a perfect EDC.

Hows the runtime on Hi/Lo, whats your low output in lumens?

Haven't done a runout test, veer. My guess on Low output is ~ 5 lumens. Perfect for reading a book in the dark, if that helps any.

Oh, that helps, what about runtimes :)?
My brother is looking for good AAA EDC light to use on keys, so Im researching for some 10-20$ light, this and E09 seem like contenders, EOS looks better quality wise than Tank, at least judging superficially by pictures

Custom modes makes this light better choice IMO.

Quality is very good. I like the twist off to turn on as well. It is very small - would make a great keychain light, but some here seem to think the key hole is the weak part. It does come with a lobster claw/split ring, which is easier on the finish.

ouch that hurts :bigsmile:

Tank is more like 10$ light (DD dinopoints etc), EOS double than that. (and yes, looks like better quality. i guess.). i dont see anything wrong nor special about the EOS .. especially since it wasnt tested and reviewed in depth. There are so many little aspects which can make a light great and an unfailing joy-bringer for so many years to come, i.e. when warranty has expired already.

Maybe other consumers dont mind much .. but what had first attracted me to the Tank was its looks. I really dislike the looks of all other AAA-lights by Tank007 and *never* cared to read their specs or reviews just because of that. (which makes me .. erhh.. a superficial Mr. Ignorant haha). EOS never attracted me either .. but i am glad to hear that it does please so many buyers!!

If there is more info to share about it, please do so. ( i dont know how important runtimes are in practice. Now that i've measured all possible runtimes of my AAA lights incl 10440's, i dont really care about them anymore. they are all good runtimes. even the Tank with 30mins on super bright Eneloops .. fantastic in RL! )

I don't think it's 5, my 2x 4Sevens flashlights on Moonlight (0.2 lumens OTF) are extremely close to the EOSlamp SP11.

The $Sevens AA have been rated to 4lumens at 10mA current on the XP-G R5. Mine draws 11mA from a XP-E R3, which is less bright than a XP-G R5.

Selfbuilt has estimated 0.23, 0.3 and even 0.4 lumen for the moonlight on various 4Svens lights that claimed this low level.

BTW: EOSlamp is a DIY-er

Here are some comparisons, the wall is yellow, full manual exposure.

I have to mention that I am pleased by the level of brightness on Low, especially since I find the Moonlight a bit too low in most of the situations I use it. Also I have to mention I requested mine to be set at maximum 70lumens, maybe that affects the way the low is set, maybe not.