Equivalent Light For the Sofirn SP10 V3 or SP10 Pro?

Looking at lights which are similar in size to that of the Sofirn SP10 V3 and/or SP10 Pro.

But prefer lights with slightly different UI, that is - click on, click to change mode/level, and hold to switch off.

I don’t really like a UI that requires a hold to change modes/levels as seen on the SP10 series of lights.

Suggestions for similar lights but with click for mode/level change?

The previous model Sofirn SP10S was exactly that. The reflector was much better in that than the current SP10 lights have as well. It was more much throwy. I get more candela on my SP10S at 800lm than on my SP10V3 at 1000lm with a much narrower hotspot. But if you want a more well wounded beam then the new reflector probably suits better for you.

This is exactly the opposite of what most people prefer, but the SP10 Pro does have flashing pads if you want to buy an adapter and load different firmware to it. Making new firmware or modifying existing code is above my pay grade though. As for alternate lights, the Wuben E05 is like this, which happens to be why I hate it. I loaned that one out, but if I ever see it again I’ll gladly sell it to you.

As mentioned, this is exactly the UI of the SP10S. I have one i don’t want (because i don’t prefer this UI). Willing to sell it to you if you are interested.

1 Thank

Comments noted, thank you.

I’m not purchasing the light just now, this is a preliminary enquiry as to what is available.

So the Sofirn SP10S is a possibility, although not readily available as new as it has been discontinued I believe.

The Wuben E05 is not an option as the body design is, frankly, awful! I don’t like the narrow middle part of the light with the head and tail ends being much larger in diameter wrt to middle part of the light. The light I would be interested in should be basically a fairly straight cylindrical shape like the SP10 series of lights.

Any other light suggestions?

Perhaps this TOOL AA 2.0 - Lumintop

Thanks for the suggestion.

The Lumintop TOOL AA is not really suitable for several reasons -

1. Its body design has the middle part smaller than the head and tail ends, which doesn’t look right. I prefer a light with about uniform body diameter along the length of its body.

2. Light is a bit too long.

3. Uses a tail switch which is not really wanted. Prefer head/body switch.

Just emphasizing that the light I’m looking for should be similar in size and shape to the Sofirn SP10 series lights with a head/body mounted switch.

Any further suggestions?

I could give you (for the cost of postage) 1 or maybe even 2, unused SP10S drivers with the firmware you prefer if you wanted to try swapping the driver in a newer version light. Oh! I see you are in NZ and I have no idea what the postage would be. I could check if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer!

But as mentioned earlier, I’m not buying another light (or drivers or anything else) at the moment. This was an exploratory thread about what is available which I’ll note for future purchase.