Everything Sofirn

So, why are you interested in their water-proofing? Are you a diver? Or you just have a lot of water sources around, and want to be sure any flashlight you own can handle being dropped into them? Or, you’ve got a kid that likes to throw EVERYTHING into the pool? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: By the way, Tracy Wan is a REP for Sofirn. I would hope the rep would be knowledgeable. :wink:

Definitely stay away from any USB rechargeable lights. They will Fail that test.
Second to fail will be the side switch lights.
Lights with tail clicky switch only will be your best contenders.

Don’t forget to have a look at ThorFire lights. A number of Sofirn lights are TF that have been rebranded…
An welcome to BLF

Well I do a lot of camping in the winter and kayak trips. I’d like it to work after a night in the snow and rain or if I drop it in the river while kayaking. Would be nice to come back to carefully search for the light and find it again. Fishing too. If I dropped it, it’d be nice to go after it and be guided by the light.

I also like throwing lights in water cause it looks cool. I’m looking at their aliexpress site, there’s a few lights I really want to test looking at them.

And mind: the flashlight world is bigger than just Sofirn! :wink:

Welcome to BLF where there’s always a new neccessary flashlight on the horizon. !

That’s what I’m afraid of.

This Thorfire has been 90ft under water on Lake Charlevoix, and spent 24 hours at around 10 to 15 ft under water before. Sofirn sells the exact same light.

That alien like glow is the reason I like throwing lights in water.

The lights I’m interested in trying from Sofirn is the SD03, MS14, MS11, SF34, SD01, SD02 and SD02A, MS1, SF22, C19, SF01A, SP32 and SP32A , SP10B and SP10A, 502B, SF14, SF12, SF32, XPE Q5, SP31, SF36, SP35, SP33, SF36W, SF30A, SP30A, C8A and C8.

And before you ask, yes, I did just check all their flashlights and mention all the lights I want to use and throw in the water.

I’m looking forward to the video! :smiley: (they are all going in simultanuously, right?)

Welcome to the forum :laughing:

Just need the lights and the pools permission.

I was able to measure up to 102.4Kcd out of a Sofirn C8T. From my own review, they sent me a sample: Sofirn C8T premier review/test - Like!

It also passed my underwater ability wash tub test.

Cheers ^:)

Yeah, but did it pass the Hong Dong charger test?

So I got permission from the pool to test the lights in them. So now I just need the lights to put underwater and I’ll do it the moment I get them and the pools open. This will most likely be a slow process because as mentioned in another post, I can only get a light a month.

Ummm, that would be the Authentic Hong Dong charger test.

(Not to be confused with the Cheap Knock-Off Hong Dong charger test.)

I forgot to do the bathtub test with my Sofirn SF36W last night. Maybe tonight I’ll remember. :person_facepalming: If so, I’ll let you know how it goes!

Does anyone have info on the SD03? No results are on here and nothing on YouTube either. I really love the sleek design to that diving light.

Welcome to BLF and thank you for your interested in Sofirn light. :partying_face:

The Sofirn SD03 adopts XM-L2 NW LED to deliver maximum 830 lumens. Designed with IPX-8 rated water resistant level, three-mode(High/850lm-Mid/350lm-Low/85lm). Made of 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, Premium Military SpcⅢhard-anodized anti-abrasive finish and better heat exchange. And double safety control function.

Hope this information is useful for you. :slight_smile:

Moreover, we will provide some discount of Sofirn light from time to time. Special code for BLF from Sofirn. New arrivals— C8A 2 light group and max up to 1747 lumens.

Oh hey it’s Tracy. Yea I was telling everyone here I really want to dunk all of your lights in 20’ of water and really test their waterproofness. There are zero reviews of the SD03 anywhere online and I am excited to attempt the dunk and other tests with it.