Exduct Giveaway from BLF referrals

I tried again to buy something today, both by logging in first and by attempting an anonymous checkout, and both take me to a login page with the LDAP error.

Any tips on how to complete a purchase from exduct? Is there a way around the login issue?

Weird, I have no idea. I haven’t placed an order recently, but it seems to have worked for 18sixfifty and SB. You’ve got more tech skills than I do, but I would maybe try a private browser window or something. you could also try to email jackyhu.

Hi. Was away since I was reinstalling stuffs on my PC. Kind of sucks the draw took so long and I had like 48 hours to respond? But anyways, thanks for the giveaway and gratz to the new winners!

Chin up, send me your papal addy. I was glad to be chosen and dont mean to seem ungrateful because Im far from it, but Im happy to return the win to the rightful winner.

Its ok EF. I don’t want to sound like a complainer or anything but it was his giveway so his rules :slight_smile: But it kind of was short notice for me! I appreciate the gesture but I think it is right you won it after I could not claim the prize :slight_smile:

This is weird. I posted my purchase last night, but I don't see it here. Wonder if I mis posted it to another thread. I'll repost it as so as I get a chance.

EDIT: I did mispost to the wrong thread. Here is what I purchased.

I ordered 2 knives, a Navy K627C and a SRM B4710. Thank you HBomb.

Sorry the 2 threads are similarly titled. 18sixfifty posted there too.

As for the prizes, no response from 8steve88, so I am going to give his $5 back to mountainking and that wraps this up. Thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing what you think of what you end up all getting :slight_smile:

By the way, I don't feel comfortable posting the order confirmation as it shows too much identity info. You OK with me posting a pic of the knives with a light I have a previous mod thread on or something instead?

What you already posted was fine. Ideally it was just to show that you ordered something from exduct, but I am a fan of the honor system anyway.

That being said, I am definitely fine with seeing pics of what you get and your impressions when they get in :slight_smile:

I just ordered one of these:

http://www.exduct.com/special-limited-products/exduct-precision-sharpener-t0931d-included-4-whetstones.html

It turns out the login issue was because I thought the username field meant email address, so I had to use the “forgot your username” thing to get the value it expected. At a guess, it may have been trying to connect to an LDAP server at my email domain or something… which seems odd and could be a security risk (if I were to go to the trouble of researching LDAP vulnerabilities and setting up a malicious server).

So, $5 off a $34 item that I’ve been wanting for over a year. It should be handy for keeping my previous exduct purchases sharp. :slight_smile:

I was trying to buy a thing and i read “The minimum purchase value is US$15.00.” what’s this!!!. Nobody can buy from exduct less than 15$
I never saw something like that. :weary:
But there are a lot of knives for less than 15$, i’m not speaking about a coupon that, well, you can say a low limit, but without coupon exduct don’t sell nothing lower than 15$ in each order?.

Sanremu LB-763 and a Enlan EL-01.

I’ll PM my order confirm to HBomb in just a bit!

Received my knives a few days ago, but just haven't had a chance to really check them out yet. The Navy K627C is much more wicked looking in person. I imagine these lock backs don't flip well, right?

The SRM B4710 is quite nice. Really good size of for edc'ing.

Both knives feel real solid and seem to be made of good steel. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

EDIT: TehSpaz, If you don't have an EL-01 yet, you're really going to like that knife. I think that is still my all around favorite.

My apologies HBomb, I forgot all about this. I was looking at the Enlan EL01, but apparently Aus customs wont allow flippers of any kind so thats out. They do a gravity and flick test (see short 15 second clip below) to see if a knife is one handed operation, if it fails, its banned. Pins and holes arent banned specifically, but they will be used to test and if it opens one handed, it fails too.

Anyone know what these are like? http://www.exduct.com/chinese-folding-knives/harnds-knives/harnds-ck6015-g10-handle-viper-pocket-knife-include-gift-box-or-ganzo-soft-pouch.html

or maybe

http://www.exduct.com/chinese-folding-knives/srm-folding-knives/srm-folding-knife2013-05-31-12-10-051806052010.html

or

http://www.exduct.com/chinese-folding-knives/navy-knives/navy-folding-knife-k610-liner-lock-g10-handle-440c-blade.html

My sons Benchmade that we bought when he joined the cadets opens one handed with the right technique, but its legal as it wont open using the customs testing procedure. Well, it wouldnt have, it probably would now after some tweaking.

Apparently this is the test if anyone is interested

If vid doesnt show…

Interesting. I guess that's why I some people ask the vendor to tighten down the pivot screw tight before sending.

Yeah, but the existence of the flipper on the blade, even if so tight it cant be opened, will have it banned. The laws have several aspects, the test is for knives that arent specifically banned, but ‘should be’ under the spirit of the law. Flippers, are outright banned. The EL01 is a flipper under the law.

Its all stupid, I can open one handed a knife that would pass that test. I do so with my sons Benchmade.

I do the same, because I don't like it if a knife is opened by gravity.

What do you want to know? If it is a clone of something or if it will be opened by a gravity test?

The Harnds is nice one, and it will pass the gravity test without any problems. The quality is mixed. A few get knives with decentraled blades, other have hood knives. In thelast months I haven't read anything about it. This could be a sign, that the quality is better.

About the classic SRM/Land 962. This is an old scholl knife of Land and looks a littlebit like the Benchmade Vex (same blade, , but different handle and Axislock). It will also pass the gravity test. It's becoming really expensive. 2010 you can get it for $14-15. 2012 I paid round about $30 incl. shipping for one, but I was not really impressed. The quality was good, but it has a many small scrathes on the surface and you get an Enlan EL01 or EL02B for a much better price and I like the built quality of Enlan.. Now the price is $40. You can buy a nivce Ganzo and and Enlan for the same price.

The reason for the post is because the Enlans are not possible, the 01 at least, its a flipper by design of the blade and flippers are banned.

The gravity test is not simply gravity. The clip I posted describes it better than I can.

My keychain knife has a thumb stud. Or, after removing that, it has a small hole. Either way, it can be opened one-handed. So, it wouldn’t be allowed in .au? That’s kind of ridiculous; it’s barely big enough to open mail, and it’s not easy to open without two hands because I don’t want it accidentally opening.

In any case, the knife-sharpening set I ordered showed up, but I’ve been too busy to actually use it yet. After cutting a great deal of cardboard and carpet and other things lately though, I’m looking forward to sharpening my EL-01. I use it as sort of a beater, a work knife, when I need to do things that would dull my other knives.

The thumbstud is not banned, nor the versions with thumbholes, the ability of a person to open a knife with one hand is not the standard. The standard is demonstrated in the clip I posted. That is the test they use, exactly as you see it. That knife in the clip, failed because it both opened and locked with the testers movement in the manner shown. If the knife will not open, or opens but does not lock, it will pass as far as I understand it. They will use the stud or hole to assist in the opening process that you see in the clip, so it may prevent it from being allowed in.