Exduct Special 5% coupon for BLF members "BLFgiveaway"

Holy hellhound .... somebody ordered for $884.32 with our coupon... adding a whopping $37.69 to the pot ($101.91)... if that kind of heavy spending continues we will be there in no time.

Coupon Code
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
Totals

I said I would go and buy me a ticket for the next raffle, didn't I?

(JK)

Wow! we should almost let someone win one $20 coupon by default if they contribute enough for 2 to the pot.

If they would fess up. I don't think that many would admit to buying knives for $800+.

I ordered another Elan EL01 after finding this thread. I'd like to donate the points I have in my account if possible.

That's a nice gesture, but I think that stuff is automatized... let's wait for jackyhu's take on this.

BTW : I looked deeper into the matter of a "public draw" via lotteries or something similar... I haven't found a way so far that is rock solid. Either the chances are not mathematically even or the administrative work is prone to go wrong, because more than 1-2 people are involved in the drawing ceremonies. I really like the idea in general, though. Can somebody come up with an example with a draw like "5 out 29"? I can operate the random number generator for the 2nd run, because I don't have a ticket in that draw, if we don't find a foolproof way to do the "public draw".

Update... we are almost there with ~$97 for the second raffle. A friend of mine will be entering the raffle, so I don't want to do the number drawing... I asked fishinfool to do the drawing for us and he agreed... thanks. I will generate a new participation thread when we hit the $100 mark.

The DJ's average has a tendency to not go far from it's current position, thus not evenly random. A lottery drawing number is a better evenly random number generator.

LOTTERY# mod #participants + 1 = winner

Transparent and random. Win win.

example.

Powerball results for April 11, 2012

16, 23, 42, 44, 47

1623424447 mod 29 + 1 = ?

10 + 1 = 11 (winning number out of 29)

or (16+23+42+44+47) mod 29 + 1 = 28

I hope we don't have too many people involved in this giveaway - cuz fishinfool can't count that high

I promised that I do the counting for him. ;-) BTW second raffle is complete moneywise.

Leelou... that looks like a doable solution for the next (third) raffle ... but somehow I still have the impression that it is not mathematically perfectly balanced out, because one still would have to set a +1 +5 +10 +15 +25 offset (in this example for 5 winners) after the modulo operation by hand. So it would rule out certain winner combinations and thus not being truly random. In my example two consecutive participants could never win simultaneously (for example ticket number 5+6).

I created the 2nd Participation thread here.

A lottery seed will work. I just looked at the site you use for the drawing and I found out it is capable of seeding (pseudo-random generator).

1. Get lottery numbers: e.g. 16 23 42 44 47 (choose any public lottery).

2. Go to random.org , using advanced mode.

3. Enter usual parameters, e.g. #of winners (5) , #of participants (29), etc.

4. Down below on Part 4: Choose randomization , select third option and put the lottery winning numbers as the seed.

Use pregenerated randomization based on persistent identifier: e.g. 1623424447

Here are the sets, generated with randomization based on persistent identifier 1623424447:
Set 1: 3, 7, 11, 15, 29

Another example with a different seed: 2013214536.

Here are the sets, generated with randomization based on persistent identifier 2013214536:
Set 1: 1, 8, 10, 25, 28

This is a random, transparent, and reproducible drawing. Anyone can know the winning numbers by putting the winning lottery numbers as seed, at anytime.

Oh, very good, I never noticed the advanced options. That actually might work to everybody's full satisfaction. I would like to use that method on the 3rd raffle, if no one objects. Thanks for looking deeper into the matter Leelou, that helps a lot. Now we have to decide which lottery we should use. The next national US powerball drawing (first 5 numbers) after the participation deadline might be a good way.

The 2nd raffle would be the last one where a person does the drawing.

The 2nd participation thread for the raffle here is still open for business.

I think we have enough participants, you can start the draw already. :bigsmile:

You think 5 out 8 is high enough? ;-) Man, that must be disappointing to be one of the 3 who don't win.

I can join if you let me. I promise I won't be disappointed if I didn't win. =)

Just kidding. Knives aren't allowed past customs here.

Are there no knife smugglers where you live? Or you can Jacky have them declared as really stable toothpicks.

BTW...the 2nd participation thread for the raffle here is still open for business.

Customs officer more often than not open the package in front of me to check. It'll be really hard to explain how it;s supposed to be a toothpick. =)

This project is really good. Props to those responsible for it.
Your thread link doesn't work btw.

Only a question of definition. You can use google to proof it: Arkansas toothpicks

;)

Oops , corrected.

BTW... we are already on $20.81 for raffle #3

Coupon Code
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway
BLFgiveaway