Experience Campaign of Convoy L4 flashlight is over now ---simon

leaftye, post #189 :expressionless: people have said 100 times, do you understand english?

- he does sell using paypal

- pp also requires you to verify your credit card it’s just that you have to do it only once, when you add new card to your pp account

- I don’t know much about charging cc before or after verification, I only know that it will be charged in matter of minutes so…

- but you CAN cancel the order

- i think that orders sorting is done by time when they are made because order is created before you enter your credit card info and actually pay so payd or not payd order is created, thats the way aliexpres works, its not up to seller or buyer.

• In my experience aliexpress keeps you logged in for about 45-60 minutes without any activity, then they log you off for security reasons, this time was much shorter before and pissed me all the time but they extended it now…

s. post #189!!!

Do you understand english? It was very simple. The complaints were about aliexpress, not Simon. Do you understand the english this time?

Simon sent me a message a couple hours ago saying that I'd have to go through the dispute process to get a refund and linked me to a page that says I'll have to wait 6 days after the item is shipped. That's a rubbish system if it truly does not allow the buyer or seller to even attempt to cancel the order before it ships.

p.s. English. Learn it.

Okay, to be fair, it's about context, not a particular language. Context is why I know post 189 refers to a post in this thread. It's why you should know that my complaints were in context to the post I had replied to.

You don’t have to cancel an order if you change your mind about a purchase. Just don’t pay up and the order will lapse after a while. It says it right there when you view the order details.

Yes, I understand english but google translate does the spell check for me because it’s not my native language, but it’s better than being stupid and after people telling you 101 times to remove picture with personal information from your post you deliberately don’t want to do that :expressionless:
This thread become pointless, I am unsubscribing…

Go ahead and leave and try to change the subject on the way out. Your reading skills have been stretched too far today.

Borked, I agree that Simon has been open. I don’t believe that he meant any harm. However, as TopCat pointed out, this sort of promotion amounts in effect to a sort of bait-and-switch tactic, even if that was not what the seller intended. As the saying goes, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”, and the number of annoyed posts to this thread is a clear indication that Simon’s good intentions have had the reverse effect to what he would have hoped for.

As it happens, I had started another thread on choosing a Convoy M1, and after a suggestion that I contact Simon I found him to be an excellent communicator and unusually helpful, so I placed an order with him. Other contributors have reported on good experiences with Simon … so I do hope that he will take note of how this promotion has had the unfortunate and unintended effect of leaving a bad impression of him, and learn from it about how some types of promotion can backfire.

I find the the difference in reactions on this forum between the first two "limited promotion" sales that Simon did and this last one to be very interesting. The concept is the same but the number of "winners" is quite a bit less and the flashlight, I am assuming, is a quite bit more valuable. I wonder which change made the most difference. The number of "winners" or the perceived value of the flashlight.

IMO, the bad impression is of people not grateful for what is essentially a give-away (that isn’t totally free). It’s rude. It’s Simon’s contest and he gets to run it the way he wants. I’m more embarrassed for the forum than concerned about a mistake by Simon.

Site Rules:
BY REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT YOU ALREADY IMPLICITLY AGREED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES:

Please don’t be a rude. Rude people will have their accounts deleted.

+1. if I can vote, I prefer light with not so heavy discounted yet still much lower than normal but significantly more people can buy it..

I believe most people here more than happy to buy $40ish light (assuming that is the normal price for L4) with 30-50% discount depends on quantity for certain promotion time period. more people = more branding effect (either good or bad is depending on the product quality/performance itself).

Thanks Simon for this opportunity. I did not win this flashlight, but look forward to seeing reviews of those who did. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

+1

Let’s not forget, Simon basically gave away 10 really nice lights…thanks Simon!!

I plan on getting am M1 from him next week. Maybe a few Sanyo's . FT needs to switch over the the XML2.

Just to clarify, my comments were not intended to criticize Simon, as anyone here who has done business with him knows he is a top-notch vendor.

But, as one of the hats I wear bears the title of marketing consultant, I just wanted to point out that in the past I have seen quirky advertising schemes backfire on the retailers and alienate some customers, and I am seeing some of that backlash happening here.

In my experience, the benefits of being consistent and offering good value for dollar and excellent customer service above and beyond the competition returns more sales and generates customer good will in the long-run without the drawbacks.

I do like the idea of promotional contests, but I would adjust the structure to maximize return and minimize negative feedback.

simon, do you sell this L4 on other place, that can accept paypal?

i have and paypal account

I was on Aliexpress from 7:30 to 7:45 but might have missed placing the Convoy L4 by seconds. Congrats to all BLF members that got the L4 from Simon.

simon, do you have any plan to do GB on this L4 (with lower price than current promotion price $29ish)? :smiley:

I absolutely love the M1 I bought from Simon, personally with the LED/drive choices he offers it is my new favourite budget 18650 cell torch. Love it! :bigsmile:

I’d be interested in a GB at a lower price too! Especially if paypal is an option.