Experience Campaign of Convoy L4 flashlight is over now ---simon

Aww come one, don’t be like that sourpuss.
Is it raining again in the UK ?
Need a hug to cheer you up ?
Come on, put a smile upon your dial, before we all brighten you up, by hitting you with over 9000 collective member lumens :stuck_out_tongue:

Upon a serious note, you do have the option to not participate if it’s too stressful :slight_smile:
No one here is forcing your participation Chicken Little :wink:

10 blf members got in on it, what is the problem?

How about if all the give aways people do just go away, since most members don’t get something for free?

Wow, quite the stir up with this “campaign”!

This kind of reminds of a Black Friday or Boxing Day sale, but in online form. Instead of the crowds lining up at the store front; we’re all lining up online in this forum waiting for a link. The doors open when the link is posted, and a flood of people come rushing in.

So I worked last night and was off today which offered me the opportunity to wake up early and try and see if I would be one of the lucky ones who was fortunate enough to be able to snag one of these lights through this amazing offer by Simon. It just so happened that when I clicked on the topic it was at the perfect timing that I saw the link posted and jumped on it. In my haste and I’m sure due the fact I was on my 3rd cup of coffee that hour I managed to open the purchase window twice and click through. I knew from a previous mistake to wait for the discount if I was one of the lucky ones to be added to the transaction before proceeding with the payment so having a second listed in the cart wasn’t a big deal and wouldn’t be awarded a second discount due to the completely fair and reasonable guidelines set out by Simon.

However I was not expecting our full names to be posted in a screen capture of the winners and it showing that I somehow received 2 items with the discount. I sent a pm to Simon expressing my concerns of our full names being posted but unfortunately it was too late and the forum frenzy had already begun. This is for the discounted torch:

I already didn’t enter any free give-aways done by members on here (have only ever entered into 1) as I don’t feel I have contributed enough to the community, have been here long enough and really don’t need (want however….?) almost anything that is up for grabs. Perhaps adding the purchase contests to that list is also a smart decision for me going forward as I already have a guilty personality about everything and anything.

Sorry folks…. I thank those of you who know the value of personal information and posted for the removal of such on here, its appreciated!

you were close, but it was 7:37 - 7:39, so 3 minutes “:o)

Buns of sitchs… been watching this thread… as soon as I step out for lunch… Simon posted the link… aargh never fail…
I think I’m done with this semi giveaway. More heartache than wallbuys instant kill…
At least with wallbuys, I know when the time will start. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s possibility using 2 user name / 2 accounts, but may be not in this case.

As one this missed out, there is no hard feelings directed towards you.
Take at least one damned torch before it starts WWIII here over who will get it :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously, it was as much about luck as paying for it and you were lucky enough to win it and have paid for it.
Simon has listened to your and others feedback, and despite desiring to afford transparency, realised the error in his ways and edited out the surnames to the purchasing list.
It’s far more than I’m used to when it comes to customer service, so to me at least, demonstrates he respects your concerns and even acted upon them.
Does that not deserve at the very minimum a second chance, if not your support ?

TLDR you deserve one torch, Simon listened and edited your full name out of the pic, your concern demonstrates you belong to this community :slight_smile:

I’ve already posted twice, hopefully he just missed it…….but he responded to others after I made my requests….

Have you PMed him?

I have no ill feelings towards Simon at all, I think what he has done and is doing for the community is outstanding and have a few purchases from him due to my desire to support those who support the community I love. As for the torch, it stays as is. For me its an inexpensive learning experience and I pride myself on being proactive trying my hardest not to be put into situations where potential conflict can occur while attempting to gauge and control potential outcomes due to my decisions.

I think I’ll probably have to skip the Convoy experience campaigns in the future… they all seem to last for just a short time during the middle of the night, and I’m not willing to poll the thread all night for a week in order to get a deal. Sleep is more important to me.

I could maybe do it if we knew in advance when the sale would start, but even then, I haven’t bothered with that style of Wallbuys sales either. Too much demand for too few items.

And the price was 29$, why the price is now 42$ or so

I checked a dozen times or so. Fun maybe but a lot of work for a small win.

As I got the s8 I wasn’t so ambitious about this but it seems like a instant sold out on this light. Congrats to the winners.

As a lot others have mentioned a bigger number with higher price would be better for me too.
Maybe 15$ is the break even for this light…I guess he could sell 30+ pieces easily

I will never buy this light for the full price, but below a special price border I almost immediately buy every light…and I think that a lot people here have the same “problem”.

So, I leave you guys alone for a hour or so and look what happened :expressionless:
Now, you remember S8 right, there was a 30 of them and I was a minute too late so I was a bit more than disappointed (since that light has a PD35 look and I love how PD35 looks) and here is the answer I got:

but if no one wants that one last piece I will take it, mod it and set it free in a giveaway :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

Although, thanks to Simon for the chance to be one of the lucky ten.

There will always be some who are not happy with sales like this.. We see it every time there is a great sale.

On the opposite, we also see it everytime DX have a "sale", because their sales suck.. LOL..

I think I will too. I had my reservations about aliexpress before, and now I don't ever want to use aliexpress again. It's nothing against Simon, but I just can't deal with aliexpress anymore. Hopefully Simon will sell via paypal and sell hosts through Fasttech.

A few years ago, some local merchants used to run similar promotions, advertising items at ridiculously low prices, but the quantities available were so extremely low that almost no one was able to buy the item at the advertised price…maybe the first 20 customers through the doors.

After that, the shelves would be bare of the advertised item, even though the sale price was good for a week, and the sales policy was that the item was “sold out with no rain checks”, but an internal inventory search could show pallets of the same, identical items in the back room, possibly with a different SKU number.

The goal of advertising the “loss leaders’, of course, was not to actually ”sell” a lot of the items at a big loss, but to motivate foot traffic through the doors of the store by creating the “illusion” that there were great deals to be had, in the hope that the customer would end up spending their money on similar items that were not on sale.

So by limiting the number of items that customers actually could buy, the store hoped to receive the benefits in increased store traffic of advertising very low-priced items, without losing a lot of money actually selling the items below their cost.

This scheme was looked at by the local County DA and was found to be the equivalent of a “bait and switch” type of scheme; and was considered to be illegal and constituted unfair advertising practices.

The stores now have to be careful to stock a reasonable number of any items advertised, and they also must offer rain checks through the sale period if a customer asks, or risk criminal and/or civil prosecution.

Violating fair truth in advertising laws and risking criminal liability was one consequence that these retailers had to contend with, but also, their customers were not stupid for long, and quickly learned to call in advance to verify inventory before wasting time and gas to go.

Customers generally don’t like to be treated in such a manner, so in all, after a brief learning period, the customers became more wary of these vendors, causing them to re-evaluate future advertising. The ad campaigns ended up generating a lot of bad will for these vendors.

The long lasting effect was to make customers more wary of those merchants in the future, and that made their advertising costs higher to reach the same target market.

One has to ask themselves what the intended benefit is of any advertising campaign…one might assume it’s not having sales practices that waste a potential customer’s time and ultimately create a lot of disappointed and pissed off potential customers.

I might speculate that offering consistent value for dollar and excellent customer service does more for the customer and the vendor’s bottom line than does gimmicky and quirky sales events.

Just food for thought…

What is the matter with aliexpress? I haven’t heard of any problems specific to them….