Experience Campaign of Convoy S5 UPDATE: Here They Come!!

From Simon’s first Campaign….Mine just hit Los Angeles today!

Mine arrived a couple days ago.

See more in Simon's campaign thread.

Good to see them arriving in the US as well.

Keep in mind that the reflector doesn't sit deep enough to cover the LED, and therefore I filed the outer ring of the reflector to get out down and not lose too much light.

oh crap…got to modify? I guess we get what we pay for. :~

Yes, and no.

Did you refer to my post in the s5 thread? Or to the filing if the reflector?

For the reflector it's probably only 1 millimeter, max 2. Not that it's that bad in stock form though, but you can see it doesn't sit flush with the LED opening in the reflector.

No just referring to this thread.

Never thought I’d have to mess with the reflector though.

Why would anybody ship out a torch that needs reflector trimming?
I’ve never had that issue. I mean to ship it out with the reflector “partialy covering the led is…well,bs…

That’s just wrong from the getgo. My first encounter with such.

Relax, relax! It's just an improvement. No world of difference! Just to get the most out of it, that's all....

OK…I see. BTW…how did you trim the reflector?

ETA: OK…I read you used a file.

+1

Yep, used a file!

And cut the spring on the driver`s side to fit button top unprotected.

That's about it.

I received mine today! I can see why Convoy are so popular as hosts.

Some pics:

Nice glow in the dark cap, good feeling clicky:

Rounded threads and a pair of o-rings on each end. No lube but a couple of drops of DX silicone oil cured the squeaks:

Springs etc.:

Not perfectly centred but will fix this later:

No logo, nice anodizing and knurling, lovely size too:

Pocket clip outside the bubble wrap and box so it won’t damage light during shipping. I won’t be fitting mine as I don’t need it:

Box was wrapped in lots of bubble wrap too.

Nice pics Chloe.

What you said about the emitter was also true for mine. When I opened it up, I saw why. Because the reflector is a little too long on the outer ring. If you file that down, it will automatically fit better. Led star has some grey grease on it, so it will move around easily!

Thanks, ChibiM! I will do that this weekend I think. Is the reflector metal?

Alu

Thanks! Which LED did you get for yours? I chose 3B but it’s cooler than I thought for neutral. Not as warm as my Nitecore EA4W. I am thinking of getting another with a warmer LED.

I got the 4c, which I like quite a bit.

Much better than the 2 lights I had with 3c..or maybe I just got some bad samples. I didn't like NW, but I think 4c fits me more.

Nice report and pictures Chloe. Thank you

Got mine yesterday! After taping off the reflector, I took a few mm of aluminum off the bottom of the reflector with my belt sander to make the emitter sit deeper into the reflector. While I was at it, I swapped in an XM-L2 T6-3C on copper. Now its perfect. :bigsmile:

Finally got mine here in “middle Amer’ka!”

Mine arrived today.

I ordered smooth reflector but got OP. :expressionless:

What happened Simon? :wink:

The 4C tint is nice. Color poppin for sure.

4C, is NW. In some way, its more neutral than the 3C, because its more in the middle of the neutral range. :)

Glad you liked it, I have said to others before. Just because they don't like 3C, does not mean they don't like other NW emitters..