Experience with Sanyo UR18650F 2600mAh Protected?

Read some discussions on this Sanyo UR18650F 18650 2600mAh Protected, and have few questions.

[Q1] Product photos of the battery show some kind of transparent wrapper around the cell. Does that “clear wrapper” need to be removed prior to normal use?

[Q2] Any known “fitting issue” of this battery, or it should fit into most 1x 18650 flashlights?

Thank you very much!:slight_smile:

1. Nope, that shrink wrap hold the protection circuit, so you should keep it on.

2. There shouldn’t be any issues, since this particular cell is one of the shortest 18650s, compared to Panasonic’s high capacity cells. I don’t think the protection circuit adds much to the length or width.

Thank you very much! Next quest is for my first single 18650 flashlight! :slight_smile:

Fasttech spec:

Height (Length) 69.8 mm

It may be too long for some flashlights.

Thank you. I don’t own any 18650 flashlight yet. But is it possible to share any experience of this particular battery having trouble fitting into any flashlight? :slight_smile:

I see. FT’s supplier seems to be putting the additional clear shrink wrap, and that may be adding to the diameter.

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Check out this thread by ‘scaru’:

Li-ion Battery Safety and Shopping Guide

I have the same Protected Sanyo cell, it fits my Convoy S2 & Olight S20 Baton without issue.

A little bit long to fit Convoy M1, cut off one round of spring on the driver helps.

I have been using those FT cells for a while.
it is good. and the length is just a little bit shorter than Panasonic cell but still it is longer than average.

AFAIK, there is no central repository listing flashlight/18650 compatibility. When you select a flashlight, pay attention for any reports of battery compatibility. The fact that the ‘65’ in ‘18650’ is the battery length (in mm) as a guide, pay attention to the battery length in spec. Think people report some compatibility problems if battery length is greater than 69 mm.

Sanyo UR18650F 18650 2600mAh is 69.8 mm, and it cannot fit in C12, but can be fit in C8. (Can be fit in C12 by using C8 tailcap.)

Yeah the diameter is a problem in some lights. This battery will not fit in a Convoy s6 because it’s too wide.

I have KD C12 fit for Xtar 18700 and protected NCR18650B, don’t have protected Sanyo 18650F though. May be have different standard among those C12.

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mAh Protected — 69.4 mm. Don’t know if 0.4 mm (69.8 - 69.4) difference is the reason.