EXPIRED - Convoy L4 Tactical XM-L2 U2-1A ------- $24.55 Shipped -------(user choice of tint for $1- $1.50 extra)

Mine is 1A tint. Warmer tints get less, I understand.

:D

I measured tailcap is 2.6A ?

I’m getting 2.9 to 3.1.

So what’s the easiest way to make this light more floody? I just placed an order :bigsmile:

I would have to say by putting an MT-G2 into an L4, check this out: The C8 that thinks it's a SRK

Remove the reflector.

That’s the equivalent of brain surgery for my uninitiated hands :bigsmile:

Some have used a Wax paper disc in between lens and bezel.

Well, just received mine in the mail today. Ordered on the 15th, so only took 11 days from China to Texas!

I ordered on the 16th and tracking shows “departed USPS sort facility Flushing, NY” on the 25th. So, hopefully soon.

Ordered mine at 8:43am on the 16th. They shipped it out on the 20th, and tracking shows it was at Guangzhou on the 21st. No updates since them.

Hello all, nice little forum y’all have here. Lots of good info and friendly peeps. Lot of info to process for the uninitiated. The Convoy l4 and the banggood deal ($24.55?) seem like a good place to start. This being my first 18650 light, I’ll be needing a cell or two and a charger. Are there any decent deals I could add on to my new light from banggood to round it out? Or would I do better to get batteries and a charger elsewhere? Any pointers?

Edit: I’m thinking the ideal charger would handle 18650 and or 14500. Not an absolute deal breaker, but I can see a pocket rocket 14500 thrower in my near future;-)

You can get these batteries on sale now for $16.78 w coupon code BGBPW

And many recommend this charger. Handles almost all types of battery sizes.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1421/10001638/1119502-nitecore-i4-v2-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-battery

For some of the best and highest capacity batteries for this flashlight, I would suggest the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah (either button top or flat top, both work in convoy L4), which is basically the highest capacity available affordable in 18650 format, for longest runtimes. Not exactly sure who has the cheapest price for them at this time though. Sorry

As Nemisis suggested, the i4 is a very good, affordable charger that charges many different batteries. If your in the US, you could buy the Nitecore Intellicharger i4 from Amazon $17.00 shipped (from either Amazon or a vendor) or from ebay for about $17.50 shipped from either a US or oversea's vendor.

This light is a very nice one for your first 18650 light, and the Panasonics suggested above would be great to get. Seems like you’ve made a great start, I think most start with a more budget light and junky batteries.

I like this light. If only Banggood can provide me a clear shipment date for my other flashlight order…

Mine shipped within a day or two. Yours should be the same?

I hope so.

In fairness to Banggood, I have been coordinating with them offline and hopefully my pending order for a different flashlight will be shipped tomorrow. If not, I will cancel that pending order and won’t be ordering this one and some batteries too.

Got an email from Banggood that my other order was already shipped. As a sign of gratitude, I have placed already my order for 1 unit L4 in T6-4C. Now I have 3 new lights in different stages of transit - this L4, an S2 and a K40-L2. This is getting to be a bad habit . . .