FastTech Convoy S3 (EDC 18650 in Disguise) Thoughts?

Haterade.
I’m thinking about putting an XP-G2 in an S3. What driver are you using? Can you think of anything that could be improved?

Didn’t build it, but according to IO it’s a Nanjg 101-AK-A1 (4*7135) circuit board for the XP-G2 version, Current 1.4A

Works pretty good IMHO. (Have to admit I have used this light very little though. Nothing wrong with it, but have been buying too much other stuff.) I don’t see much reason to try to drive an XPG2 harder in this sort of host.

Hope that helps.

Is the reflector an XP-G reflector, or an XM-L reflector with an XP-G in it?

Believe it may be an XML reflector, check this shot (taken from page linked above)

Thanks. That’s what I wanted to know.

No prob. Despite my smartass tendencies, I am happy to help. :slight_smile:

The reflector is made for XM-L. Centering a XP-G ist possible, but it is a pain in mine. Another thing i noticed is that is is NOT waterproof. I use mine as a bikelight and after a rainy ride the glass was foggy. Further testing in the bathroom revealed similar results. Has anyone ideas to make the front more resistant against water? i really like mine, but it has to work in rainy conditions.

I noted the seal issue when assembling mine. 2 O-rings are required; one between glass and bezel, and the other between bezel and body. Only one is provided.

Edit: oops, just remembered mine is the EDC from Intl-outdoor. Same body, but may have both O-rings provided in yours……

I did not use this light enough to notice any issues with being waterproof.

WOW, this small flashlights are around 700-800 ANSI lumens for real? holy!!!

I must get one! must! some ideas for better cooling mods and which model will cope with heat best? M2 vs S2 vs S3? i want 2.8A driver.

Thanks.

I have all three of those, and the best for heat management would be the M2. It’s physically the largest, though not by much, and is built superbly. It also has the best beam pattern, with a good balance of throw and flood.

The S3 is the most portable, and very floody. The S2 falls in between. If I could have only one, it would be the M2 - an all around excellent light and tremendous value for the asking price. (And yes, I buy my own, so I’m not shilling for anybody… :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks i guess M2 it is, if i dont find something better in a meantime which i highly doubt lol!

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the boot cover or where I can find a replacement black one?

Simon from Ali has them. I may too. If I do I can send you one....much faster from Orlando vs China :)

Kinda late reply as I happened to chance upon this thread after purchasing my S3 a few months back and looking to change the default Fasttech GITD boot to a black one for a sleeker look as the Fasttech GITD boots are barely “GITD”

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141196890906

This should be what you need to replace it. I have yet to purchase and try these caps but have read that it’s a 16mm boot diameter