Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

This might be useful for modding. I already have some cheap helping hands, but it has no built-in lights, and the magnifier looks easier to position too.

This seems really cheap. 3 x xm-l bike light (no batt pack) for $10.80.

Just ordered that bike light. It almost seems to be a mistake...$10...

Ordered one too. The XM-Ls are worth that, if I didn’t already have 10-15 sitting in my junk bin from mods. :wink:

The pill design is inferior to the original A8 (heatsinking probably too). It has a 21mm driver and no extra contact board. Also not thread-compatible with the A8.

Well I have 2× of them but I rarely use them…

I don’t know if it is just me but my most used tools are vise + 20 × magnifying glasses like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glasses-Type-Watch-Repair-Magnifier-LED-Light-/120819510732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c21676dcc

That’s interesting. I have a pair of these glasses but I don’t find they are very useful whilst modding. They are okay to check things but objects need to be so close and there is no stereo vision, so I find myself using other more compact loupes instead.

I find these 60X are really good.

I sometimes use a little vice to hold plugs etc. whilst soldering as they don’t stay put in the alligator clips.

Definitely a price mistake. D88 price is now 38.65 USD:
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1414001

FT minion(s)…

They sent mine....

thanks kronological for posting that deal... now I need to buy a bike

Mine shipped too. Every time I’ve taken advantage of a pricing mistake so far has honoured it without question (IS, Wallbuys, and now FT).

lol that is awesome!

And sadly, the truth. :_(

Is this all we have to look forward to now? LR44 keyring lights?

FT has some other small keychain fun flashlights - prices between $1,40-1,96. My link - non aff-link

I think you might be missing Chloe’s point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some months ago i used to check FT products on close to a daily basis, this thread did not have any value for me. But now, this thread is nice to have, because there are so many products fasttech gets in stock that are of no interested to me. I rarely check their new arrivals anymore. Cant be bothered to browse through all the various crap products...

So just wanted to say thanks for this thread. :)

That grenade light is likely to get you arrested by armed police in the UK. The gun probably wouldnt get past customs!

I'll probably start doing the same soon. The greatest value to me is that it shows pre-MAP prices that I can use as a price point when requesting bulk pricing.

I'll delete this post later. This thread is already 3 pages even with 300 posts per page, and even though I gave Buwuve grief a while back, I still went back deleted all my other superfluous posts in this thread a couple weeks ago. Hopefully others that have found value in this thread will do the same. *hint hint*