Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

Where I live, we have a “make my day” law which basically says anyone who breaks into your home or threatens you in your residence can be legally attacked or even killed.

Could we please come back to topic.This should be thread about new products and maybe short questions about these and not about law or cute animals. I would be great if you discuss this in a new thread, copy the post in this and delete it here. Thank you.

Sorry, Buwuve. :frowning:

I’d quite like one of these, from FastTech.

They also have this cute alarm that looks like a ladybird.

Around my parts, its a proud tradition for those serious about keeping the peace. I keep a large industrial tree mulcher in my backyard for just such occasions. Makes it much easier in recovering the lead to melt down and reuse! :bigsmile:

I hear what comes out the other end does wonders for your garden too! :wink:
Edit: Sorry Buwuve, I just can’t help myself :stuck_out_tongue:

286 Lumens on 1AA
that’s what it says… if that’s true I’ll eat my hat

Red and black in stock:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10003907/1288400-olight-i3s-cree-xp-g2-4-mode-80-lumen-led-flashlig

Damn, I ordered a black one earlier this week. I didn’t see any other colours when I ordered. Would have liked to have gotten a colour version because all my other lights are black.

It uses a XP-E R3 or R5, which are rated at a maximum of 268-286 lumens and 306-327lm, respectively. The R5 bin must be brand new though.

I suspect the 286-lumen figure came from the R3 model, which is listing the maximum emitter specs, not actual OTF lumens. And then they probably just kept the same number for the R5 model. Actual OTF is probably much lower, though I couldn’t really say how much. Maybe it can get up over 250lm with a 14500 battery, perhaps, but not regular AA.

The brightest 1xAA torch I know of is the Zebralight SC52. It gets 280lm from an Eneloop, using an XM-L emitter (probably U2).

So, lets compare the specs on the two emitters. The data I’ve found says that the XP-E R5 can do 306-327 lumens at 3.5W (3.5V * 1000mA). For comparison, the XM-L U2 can do 300-320lm at 2.03W (2.9V * 700mA).

So, at a guess, if we scale the XP-E’s output down by the power difference between the two lights and the loss in OTF lumens on the SC52, the X-Power light might be able to get up to about 165 lumens. ((2.03 / 3.5) * 316 * (280 / 310)) Assuming the driver is as efficient as Zebralight’s, which is unlikely. I know that’s not really how it works, but it should at least give a ballpark estimate.

Would you eat your hat for 165 lumens? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m still tempted by the purple one. I just … really don’t need it. My black iTP A3 EOS is fine for its simple keychain duty of finding key holes and looking around for a few minutes at a time on low. And the new I3S has no single-digit-lumen modes, which is sad because those are what I use the most often.

Fortunately for my wallet, Fast Tech is currently unavailable. Is it down for anyone else?

Thanks for checking.

Down for me too.

I was having trouble loading the site yesterday. It kept showing the CloudFlare hosting page.

The problem appears to be with Cloudflare’s CDN.

just been on but it was a touch sporadic, I assumed it was my mobile signal tbh.

Been working OK for me the last few hours. Only 1 new product today, but yesterday’s new arrivals updated to 103.

I placed a new order with them today (Nitecore) but I cannot get to my messages; it says “too many redirects…”

I can’t message them so I hope they ship the order.

If you are using Firefox, clear cookies for Fasttech.com
I had to do this in order to get to my tickets. No idea why, just did it and it worked.

It’s all over!!! I knew they were scammers!!! :wink:

Only kidding :smiley:

Marc.