Fasttech is shipping batteries again. Another shot in the foot or maybe not!!!

KK are know to have lower internal resistance than the Sanyo UR18650FM.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/King%20Kong%20ICR26650%204000mAh%20(Gold)%20UK.html

Still what is the point of higher internal resistance directly proportional with the self-discharge of the cell, I personally do not see it that is why I ask. As far as I see it it comes down exactly to the chemical composition of the cells, let's say quality.

In that case lets hope Sanyo or Panasonic now, starts making 26650 cells (and not selling them to automotive industry) :slight_smile:

Ordered 18650 batteries 12/12/2014,sent surface mail, and realised that they have not shown up.
Hongkong post dont recognise tracking numbers,

I ordered two 18650 batteries on December 15th and still have not got them either. I created a support ticket asking what the holdup was because it’s been 2 months and here is the response I got.

“Thank you for your order. We are sorry for the shipping issue in this case.

After checking ,your item (tracking#removed) left Hong Kong for its destination on 7-Jan-2015. Here is the record link of your package :http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/mtZresult.jsp?tracknbr=tracking#removed

We understand the shipping takes longer than expected and will submit an inquiry to the post office to investigate the whereabouts of the package. They may take maximum two months to finalize the investigation and provide conclusive answer. You can verify this with Hong Kong post in this link(section ENQUIRIES ABOUT LOSS OR NON-DELIVERY): http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/publications/guide/content/5.16.pdf.

If the post office verify the item as lost, we will issue refund or reship the order per your choice immediately. We will keep you updated via this ticket once we hear back from them.

We hope you will receive the item soon. While registered postal mail doesn’t provide time guaranteed service and the transit time quoted in checkout is an average and typical time frame. The tracking for this shipping service is also not updated in real time.

Shall you have any questions further, please let us know by simply replying back to this ticket.

Thank you for your understanding in this case.”

I can say for sure I won’t be ordering batteries from fastech anymore.

Got them today,thank you. Three months.

On 27.11.2014 I ordered 2 packs of SKU1345500, sent via HK surface, I got them on 26.02.2015 (91 days).

i had an equally lengthy shipping time on some 26f’s via HK surface, however I just placed another order using the “USPS Expedited for Battery Products.” I’ll report back on how long that takes.

I had always received stuff within three weeks but bought and paid for pair 18650 batteries ‘in stock’ on 10/02/15 and paid for registered upgrade. FastTech photo shows as having left on 12/02/15 Eventually tracking number showed as leaving HK on 4th March.
I guess my order had to wait until after Chinese New Year.
Still not received in UK on 23/03/15
One useful thing from this is discovered 17track which gave me better info than Royal Mail.
Apologies if this is posted in wrong section.

Just an update. The “USPS Expedited for Battery Products.” actually used DHL partnered with USPS. Ordered on the 12th, shipped on the 14th, arrived in the US on the 20th, estimated delivery on the 24th. Not too shabby for a free shipping upgrade.

Whats great is that you can pick that option even without a battery product in the cart... and still free for orders $19 and above. nifty ;)

Thats great news! Thanks for the tips.

Today I had a small package from a man in Pennsylvania. I didn’t recognize the name, so I opened the package and what did I find? My Fasttech battery order… :~

I ordered from FT for the first time today - (4) LG MJ1.

RMM didn’t have them yet so I thought I’d take a chance.

Checked the “USPS Battery Option” as well, so we will see how this works out.

Thanks,
-Chuck

It’s probably still going to take a few weeks, but it’s better than 3 months

I had to use the USPS Expedited for Battery Products for some bike lights. Ordered July 9, delivered July 20, not bad. On par with USPS ePacket via HK Post :D

I ordered a couple of the LG HE4’s almost a week ago and selected the Sweden post option. Hopefully i receive the batteries in a couple of weeks.

I ordered a flashlight from Fasttech that came with a cheap battery and even cheaper charger. I told Fasttech they could throw out the battery and charger and just ship the flashlight if it would speed up the process. They wrote back to select Sweden post and I would get the flashlight & battery in regular delivery time (11 - 21 business days). So I did and for some reason the system selected USPS expedited instead. I checked it out , at the time, and saw that it would allow battery shipment in the same delivery period. So I left it USPS expedited. At first I thought there was a problem because I could track the package for the first 4 days. But then the tracking kicked in. It took about 2 more days for the package to get to NYC airport and have DHL pick it up. Then another few days to get to me. At one point DHL said it gave the package to USPS but USPS tracking didn’t recognize accepting the package. I don’t know who was at fault, but the package eventually arrived in about 15 calendar days from the day after I ordered it.

I ordered another flashlight from Fasttech, again with a battery and charger, and had almost an identical experience to the first order. Now I see that Solarforce is also starting to ship batteries to the U.S. again. I will put in an order to see how long it takes. My usual non battery order with Solarforce will get to me in 8 calendar days.

Windsurf,

Thanks for your reply.

My order for 4 cells was just the other day on the 22nd, and FT notifocation shows it to be already shipped!

Whee! :slight_smile:

Well, we shall see….

Thanks again!
-Chuck

I found that tracking pre USPS is much better with http://www.17track.net than with any of the foreign post websites. Good luck.

It’s still too soon, unfortunately.

Though I think that the “Tracking Game” can be amusing for those of us that don’t get out much (Me), I’m resigned to: “When it gets here it will be here” :slight_smile:

Thanks for the track17 link Windsurf, but I’ve been there many times in the past for other orders from Gearbest and it works well - It’s just still too early.

I’m “Hoping” for around 3 weeks from FT, but would love for it to be sooner! - I already have plenty of LG MH1s, but somehow I feel the ‘need’ for some MJ1s:-)

Best I ever had (not including sex) was with Banggood… Ordered a Acebeam K40M on the 24th of June, it was shipped on the 25th, and Delivered to me in Florida on the 29th! - DHL Expedited. - Strange thing is, I can’t afford that kind of shipping, but they only wanted $5.25 … A real No Brainer on an order of that size!

Bang me again like that, Banggood!

:slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!
-Chuck