Fasttech is shipping batteries again. Another shot in the foot or maybe not!!!

I guess i should order from BG? price difference is like 1-2$

I had no trouble getting batteries from BG (couple of months ago). FT are apparently not so reliable anymore, but the couple of items I have ordered arrived just fine, they were not batteries though.
Some of the issue might be difficulty getting them past the airlines. Security might be tight and delays in accepting them until the whole lost plane debacle dies down. I dont know that, but I suspect it.

So i guess BG would be a better option generally then? i read like 30% of the users who order, confirming that FT are slow lately, and i’m not exactly known for patience lol.

Confuscious say man who not patient with Chinese website, end up go clazy. Or something like that.

You will read about bad dealings with BG too, its true of just about all of them. You will find people who have nothing but great things to say about FT, also true of just about all of them. They both sell thousands of items daily, handled by people who are trying hard to make a living, overworked, underpaid, and likely no knowledge or interest in the items purchased, with the client liaison side being barely competent in English, albeit way better than my Chinese, its bound to get weird.

Use Paypal, stick to their rules for how to handle situations and you should be fine. All you lose is time, and maybe some faith in humanity. Unless you get philosophical about it, then its just stuff that happens, and it too shall pass.

Ive used both and only had an issue regarding a group buy that went south from FT. But FT have done me fine too. All it meant was I didnt get a torch, but it didnt cost me any money either. 18sixfifty on the other hand got the shaft.

Thanks, what i meant was lately, i like FT and was parsing them to all of my friends and such, just lately they are very slow, that’s why i ask i got nothing against them. But i do understand your point completely, thanks one more time.

FT is not shipping batteries to my country anymore but BG still does :slight_smile:

I received my last battery order in 21 days last week, and other orders in 18 days so no problems here.

Hi guys, anyone knows what

Dispatch Pre-Alert 29/05/2014, MPC PMIH (KLIA)

Means? thanks.

I also have the same message, but 2 days prior. Dispatch Pre-Alert 27/05/2014, MPC PMIH (KLIA)
And I note the destination is Unknown(Modify) Unable To Track (with mine anyway)

Not sure if that is normal. I recall tracking after Malaysia seemed pointless last time, so might be fine. If not I guess they wont be shipped back to sender, or forwarded to recipient. But you would hope to see a message clearly stating they have been seized or similar.

Edit:
This thread at FT has the same message text, and the items still arrived fine… so theres still hope
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/1176162/stuck-in-dispatch-pre-alert-for-4-days-order

Mine are, Dispatch Pre-Alert 28/05/2014, MPC PMIH (KLIA)

I must be the middle man :slight_smile:

I was trying to place some LG 18650 batteries but all carriers were greyed! :frowning:

Mine… Not pure battery but include two batteries http://www.fasttech.com/p/1474621
Ordered on May 2nd

25-May-2014 1510 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
25-May-2014 1505 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
22-May-2014 1240 Dispatch Pre-Alert 22/05/2014 MPC PMIH (KLIA)

Meh, Fasttech got some of my ordered batteries to me well past two months since the order, in a damaged package and one testing barely .7V… not exactly happy. Has anyone ever seen a KingKong at .7V?

Not 0.7V but a bit lower, also damaged:

A li-ion that stays off load at under 1.5-2.0V is dead and you should not ever use it.

Yup, discharge below 2.7V is not safe, especially that low… so now I have to go dispose of part of the package I waited over 2 months for :expressionless:

Tks Chloe, overlooked that thread.

For some Panasonic cells the cut-off is specified at 2.5V, but that is under load spec (while cells is being drawn power from, stop at 2.5V), after you take the load off, the cell voltage will get back a little like even up to 2.8V
A cell off the load that stays at 0.7V that is dead.

One thing I can tell you from my experience. I have some Sanyo UR18650FM for a couple of years. If they are charged at 4.205V then 3 months later will be at 4.199V, while my King Kong will be at 4.12V, so the auto-discharge for my King Kongs is quite fast compared to the Sanyos which perform excellent on this matter.

Difference due to internal resistance I would say!

Please explain what you mean, because I am only talking about the fact that both cells (Sanyo UR18650FM and KK) charged up to 4.205V and after 3 months clearly the KK have a faster self discharge (4.12V) than the Sanyo (4.199V) and the KK 26650 cannot have higher internal resistance than Sanyo UR18650FM.

and how do you know that “KK 26650 cannot have higher internal resistance than Sanyo” ?
maybe it has something to do with higher capacity of KK cells, maybe cells with higher capacity have to have proportionally (or logarithmically) lower internal resistance to have comparable self discharge rate as cells with lower capacity!