FastTech Put Me In A Situation

A blob of soldering lead on the positive end of your cells will do the trick. lf you can’t do it, perhaps a nearby computer shop with soldering iron can do it for you.

Gee I didnt think of that. Might give this a go if I cant get anything sorted.

Lets just say……its complicated.

It seems like a young Australian person reaching out internationally to get $14.50 for his new flashlight and batteries that he just ordered from China, is more complicated than anything that could be done to raise it in Australia, or among his friends and/or family/or community/or employer/government, etc…

You can find those cells on AliExpress for little more then FastTech wants for only the shipping http://s.aliexpress.com/q2myey2A

But using the pulls is cheaper if you have four matching.

cancel the battery’s and get these from the group buy I think banggood are still shippingfor free to aus

Magnets work

Group buy is expired - sorry

not really... ;)

https://m4dm4x.com/2016/07/14/samsung-30q-flat-button-top/

T18, magnets DO NOT work. The type of light he bought has a very large driver/contact board and requires a button top to make the positive connection. This contact spins around as you screw the battery tube in. Magnets would shift, short, and have his light going up in smoke…

Maybe it’s just me but if I couldn’t afford to buy discretionary items I’d buy something cheaper, not buy, or save up until I could afford it. I also think that the title is misleading since it wasn’t Fasttech that put the OP in a bind, but again, that’s just my opinion.

Just get the correct button tops at AliExpress and be done with it for a good price too :wink:

Might be better to just cancel the whole order let them refund the card and reorder again without the batteries. Just canceling the batteries they’ll probably try to give you fasttech credit or something.

On another note you say its complicated and I’m sure it could ve. There has to be someone who needs grass cut or leaves raked that could give you $20 for the work. Or even wash and detail a car or two. A few hours of sweat should pay more then the 14.95 needed. If you have neighbors a knock on the door asking if they have any chores needed done around the place for a few dollars could get it as well. Feeding chickens, cleaning horse pens, washing and brushing a horse. Feed goats etc. If you are below working age, your neighbors would probably be more then willing to teach you the value of a dollar. I know it can be done I did it as a kid. And still work in the 100+ degree heat daily. Just make sure to drink a quart of water a hour. The human body can’t process more then a quart a hour the rest is pissed out. They teach that to you in the military

+1

Dale, magnets DO work if you properly mod your cells with them.

Stick properly sized disk shaped neodymium magnets over the cell's flat top, that's what y'all know… then, surround the magnet with a carefully placed hot glue ring. Cools down quickly and, mod done!

What is more, this handcrafted button top for sure has less resistance than any of those factory added shenanigans…

Cheers ^:)

Choose a different shipping option i have never had to pay more then $2.50 Aussie for shipping? I currently have no spare cash so i am not buying any thing so just wait it out till you can afford to buy!

Stainless Steel Pointed Top Cover Cap
Paper Insulation Gasket for Pointed
18650 Battery Sleeve PVC Heat Shrinkable Tube Wrap

For less than 4$ you can give 50 batteries, button tops.
This is from Fasttech.

This is much saver and has even less resistance.
Neodymium magnets are fragile, basicly compressed powder.
Also you may not know with what the magnets are coated, so you’ll never really even know their resistance.

My 2 cents.

They are extremely brittle from my experience. I’d never use them in flashlights unless you want to burn your house down. Drop your flashlight just once, there’s a good chance these magnets will shatter.

Yup the button top put down with a paper sticker and heatshrink will never have that problem.

Also this way when you want to turn the button top back to a flat top, you can just cut away the transparent heatshrink pull the sticker off and have a clean flat top again.

Something you cannot do with a blob of solder, as you have to sand the flat top first for the solder to stick to it correctly.

I have done over 100 of my 18650’s with this method and I love it.

ps: “this method” beeing the button tops, stickers and shrinkwrap.

Sorry I had to edit my last post a few times. Never post anything when you’ve had a few cocktails. lol