FastTech Put Me In A Situation

Saw master I doubt there will ever be a shortage of cells in the united States. We are a country to Dependant on technology. There are a handful of domestic sellers. K think imr batteries has like 30,000 lg hg2 batteries in stock last time I checked. And usually thousands of every other battery. So there are shipping methods they are using to get massive stock even if it is. Surface mail by boat. Not to mention 10’s millions of computer batteries, powerbanks, power tools,personal groomers etc sold each year in America. If something did happen aliexpress sellers will mislabel custom declarations. They even say it on their shops they will. The USA has about 25+ million pieces of mail hit daily between the 13 ports of entry of that total less than 3% of illegal packages are caught. Chicago customs catches the most around 15. But the averages drop back down with the others. JFK ny the largest entry port seizes less then 1 of illegal/drug cargo shipped. China is the largest exporter of drugs to the united States with a 99% success rate. With India right behind it. There will never be a shortage of lithium batteries in the us. They will be shipped by any means necessary. But it won’t come to that. America is to rooted in technologies to ban imports on batteries

Rather tangential.

I do not fear an end of shipping, but rather unwanted bigger delays or higher prices which will probably be happening pretty soon. I’ve got lights planned for the cells I bought with the Q8 being one, so the smart thing to do is get the non-perishable cells while waiting on the lights. By moving now I am assured of an unincreased price which waiting till I get the lights might bring. And I didn’t have 4 matched cells either. Thus I am being financially wise in my approach while upgrading to better cells at the same time.

If you’re going to read intentions into someone’s words you should know them as well as they know themselves first. Even then you’re going to be wrong more often that right.

Phil

+2

However, there are stranger things that people have crowd-funded successfully for:

Potato salad

Point taken, either way I don’t see aliexpress or China sellers stop selling or shipping batteries to the us under different custom labels. And won’t take any longer then normal. Even without Ali express sellers openly doing it. I’ve bought 30+ batteries from gearbest. In about 6 orders. Not one package was marked as lithium batteries they do the same as other unscrupulous sellers. To get the packages in and out of customs as fast as all the others. Needing a matching set is one thing. In my opinion don’t see the Chinese sellers increasing their prices because other countries get stricter for periods of time. Supplies are increasing not decreasing. Supply and demand if they can’t ship to certain countries for a period of time. That’s 10’s of thousands of batteries or more they need to unload elsewhere. They’ve known how to ship to the us and beat customs for decades now. Even back 6+ months ago when things got really strict I didn’t see the Chinese sellers hike up the price. Over the last 3 years prices are getting lower and lower, the market is over flooded with batteries now. Like now for $100 can get 32 NCR 3400b. Or 24 30q/ga The sellers need to move product for income not hoard it. They will ship if you pay. That’s the serious issue that the airlines are having. If the Chinese sellers arnt declaring lithium batteries the airlines don’t know to put them in the right cargo holds. But that’s not going to stop anything or slow things down. Millions of packages are sent from China daily. I can understand your fear slightly but if you look at the global market and supply and demand its unfounded at least in America where customs is a joke

I just buy my li-ion batteries from supersports600 in Australia. No shipping charges, 2-3 day delivery, and rarely are batteries out of stock.

In my opinion postal services have to realise that these batterys arnt as dangrous as the media makes them appear.

Cancel order. Redo with no batteries. Perhaps add solder to add button tops.

Can the skyrayking be adapted to use flat top?

They arnt so dangerous is packaged properly. Cheap Chinese ultrafakes packages without securing batteries is the issue. Newer cells will vent no flame. They will if thrown in a fire If they would make shipping easier more people would probably ship them with the correct label. All the airlines would have to do is put all lithium battery marked packages in a sealed fireproof container. No air, no fire. And if somehow the venting released enough oxygen for flame it would be snuffed out when the oxygen ran out. And the container is fire resistant. That way if there is a incident it is contained to that one container and the aircraft and crew is never in any danger. Easy fix in my opinion. Lithium battery packages are already separated usually shipped by ground. It seems most airlines pack them specially. But would cut down on accidental fires and intentionally mislabeling if they made it easier to ship the items. Because either way the batteries are going to keep shipping, whether they are labeled or not. Even batteries I’ve purchased USA domestic didn’t have the sticker on it. Only lithium batteries I’ve received with proper labeling was cell phones I’ve had shipped to my home. I’ve never had multiple Chinese vendors or two us vendors ship lithium batteries properly. And honestly don’t blame them, they make it such a pain in the butt to do so. When I’ve shipped them I’ve never told the post office. I know there in cases with tape on the positive ends. Not going to pay extra or risk my package being refused. When trying to help someone out. If they really wanted to make it safe for air travel they could. Developed nations are too Dependant on lithium batteries now to ban air shipments. Its used in everything, lights, computers, phones, tablets, shavers, vaping units, every portable device in the medical field, GPS, house arrest ankle monitors, powertools, powerbanks, portable speakers, portable jump boxes, even some car batteries. Developed nations are to far Dependant to ban importing lithium batteries. Its usually smaller nations with restrictions and they don’t last very long before a method for shipping comes available again. Lithium batteries will never get banned. But unfortunately more planes will catch fire from crappy batteries just thrown in a envelope somewhere. I truly believe a sealed cargo container is the way to prevent fires in flight. Since the packages are seperated anyway not much more work would need to be done. Or make certain aircraft for just lithium battery flights to the major areas of the world and then transport by ground.

You make a good point, if only. But as for having you phones with batterys get through fine. Is because it belongs to the phone and the battery has no way of being used, eg. In a phone. So its allowed. Its when the batterys are loose thats when things get a little hard. But I have sorted my issue out so thanks for somethig?

I have sorted everything out. Just used some old gift certificates as a bargaining tool. The only way that there willing to send to Australia is if its via Dubai postal service. Thanks to everyone who commented and I will be doing a reveiw video in the future!!

Glad it got sorted out for you. Some of the shipping restrictions allow 18650 batteries to be shipped inside of lights. It will all get sorted sooner or later. Batteries inside objects have very minimal probabilty of being shorted and venting or vent with flame. For the most part imr and inr just vent. ICR is the chemistry that is known for vent with flame. Best of luck to you, in the future gearbest would probably ship cells to you. Or just get them au domestic.

The airlines just hate losing aircraft, so they’re more and more cautious as history accumulates.
So far they’ve banned transport as cargo on passenger aircraft.

Safety concerns increased after FAA tests showed gases emitted by overheated batteries can build up in cargo containers, leading to explosions …

Sealed containers enhance the damage potential of anything that burns by providing its oxygen source.

So no passenger planes lost to carrying lithium batteries in the cargo hold as freight, and they forgot to mention that the two passenger planes that were damaged weren’t carrying lithium batteries in the cargo hold as freight, they were the planes very OWN lithium batteries that caused the damage.

They banned cell phone usage on planes for 20 years, without any evidence at all they could pose any kind of hazard. Do you think they’re going to allow lithium ion batteries anytime soon?

Lithium batteries aren’t allowed in checked luggage. But they are allowed in carry on luggage its on the faa site. Pretty much as many batteries for personal use. No commercial samples. And lithium batteries for wheelchairs are allowed to a certain size. I posted the link in the thread for the guy from India looking for it for his friend coming back from america.

The sealed container thing doesn’t make sense. It something is airtight sealed oxygen can’t get in. Only what is already in there. It wouldn’t be hard to put a temp sensor in the container. That releases a foam or chemical to further the protection. I would think the containers would be fairly large.

Can’t think of the name of the incident but during the civil war confederates tried to burn some important building down. After they set the fire. They closed the windows and it smothered the fire.I can see gasses building. But not the oxygen entering unless released from the batteries

They could easily replace the O2 in a container with Argon gas. A valve on either end of the container, hook up the argon on one end and vent out all the O2 on the other end, for a minute or two. Then close off both valves.

Guys, please consider googling what you believe before posting it.
There is a whole lot of misinformation being passed around without checking it, about lithium-ion fires and aircraft.

Just for example:

You know where the oxidizer comes from in a lithium battery fire?
It’s released from inside the cell. That’s why an argon atmosphere or flooding it with water won’t put it out.
You can look this stuff up.

You know which aircraft have had fires, where, and why?
You can look this stuff up.

If you believe you have to have specific proof
of a crashed passenger aircraft
that’s attributable solely to lithium-ion batteries in cargo,
you may have to wait.

Why? Because the mess left behind after such an event, even if it’s not on the bottom of the ocean, is hard to sort out.

If you take precautions in life against easily avoidable harm — seat belts, anyone? — consider that’s what the industry is doing about this issue.

The cargo aircraft pilots are still waiting for rules to protect them, after two confirmed cargo aircraft lost with the entire crew — Dubai and South Korea.

I don’t know why we have to go through the process of debunking and rebunking all the claims about this issue repeatedly.
Seriously, just google it.

Why, yes, I do know some airline pilots and crew personally.
That doesn’t make their lives worth more.
But not knowing them shouldn’t make their lives worth less.

And I don’t understand why no smart Chinese has put an ultra simple driver and little led and some strips of metal in a 4x26650 case so GB/BG/FT could sell them for a few bucks and ship up to four kapton tape protected cells anywhere as part of a flashlight.

Yup, hank is right. but so patronizing, sheesh

My apology if it sounds patronizing.
I’m hoping to reach people who really don’t know this stuff,
I regret the bother to those who are already well informed.