Fasttech Sky Ray king $42 Fake?

That’s good to hear. Can you leave it on Turbo for a while to see if it stays on?

I am only concerned about it working; period. Thanks.

Hate to say it but an old ultrafire 501b with a generic drop in can impress the girls.

Where are you finding these "girls" who are impressed by flashlights?

I sure hope they sell original Nitecore products (orderd P25 from them FT). But because of recent official lounch of P25 I hardly belive there are allready fakes on the market… Or not?? :~

Looks like I will have mine in my hands today! Hope all is acceptable.

My FastTech $42 gold Sky Ray King arrived today (14th Feb). Purchased 30 Jan, left HK on 9 Feb. Quick for free postage to this part of the world.

First SRK, so I will leave it to others to decide how ‘original’ it is from the photos.

Came in plain white box, wrapped in bubble-wrap, inside bubble-wrap envelope.

Feels very solid in the hand. Has a few faint scratches and marks, but, meh. Is mighty bright.

……oops, don’t know how to post photos! And they were nice ones, too……

Welcome to BLF Jackadder!

Upload your pictures to a photo sharing service, photobucket, imgur, whatever you prefer.

After that, just use the Inset/Edit Image button (Picture of a tree) and past in the URL of the picture you want to share.

Well, it definitely works, and no issues so far.

I’ve not timed how long it was on high, but a few people were playing with it for a while with no problem.

I don’t have an “original” to compare to, but I can say that it’s a LOT brighter than my 504b with the MF 3-mode drop in.

I uploaded them to flickr, pasted the URL as suggested, but only get a little ‘empty’ pic symbol in my post….

Thanks!

I received mine today and it works fine.

It is different than the Sky King I had purchased a month ago.

The button is different, and is somewhat loose. It is not the same as the Sky King, though it works well.

I also want a P25 :slight_smile:

Received the black SRK from Fasttech today, wow really really dissapointed in the output- certainly doesn’t seem to work like any of the pics or reviews I’ve read. I don’t have any other cree light to compare it to, but the $2 9x led cheapie flashlight I have is not really that far behind this SRK in performance to my eyes!

Would like to pull the driver out to take a look inside- anyone know exactly how to do this?? Would like to avoid the hassle of having to send it back to FT if maybe it’s something inside I can resolder etc?

The threads on this feel really crappy and you have to what feels like seriously over tighten it to get it to work.

Logo on mine seems different to everyone elses.

Mine is different from yours, strangely. The Sky Ray text on mine is filled in instead of outlined like on yours and the stars under the crescent moon are not filled in like yours. Hmm…

I too wish I could figure out how to pull the driver because I am honestly not impressed with the output of mine either. The color temp seems a little warmer than my HD2010 with a T6, but not as warm as my Nitecore MH25 which has a U2.

Hopefully someone chimes in about pulling the driver, lots of posts showing the driver out but can’t seem to find any that explain how

use thin knife edge to pull driver.
another method is use pin insert through on/off button hole and press it to driver out

marked where you can use knife edge or other tool to pull driver out

Thanks Pavithra_uk, had to heat around the edges of the driver but managed to push it out through the button hole.

So to my untrained eye the driver looks to be the same as the ‘genuine’ SRK, not sure how to tell from the leds themselves.

So if the hardware is the same, what would/could cause the output to be lower than other SRK’s, would the driver be faulty I wonder, too thin wiring used? Trying to decide if I start resoldering joints and replacing wires or just send it back for a refund and buy somewhere else.

The logo for the BLF A8 from WWEFANS/Rey was sometimes flawed. No one it seems from the thread thought it was a fake Trustfire.

Is this only a logo print or is it a problem with light output/tailcap measurements too?

Thanks members for all of the photos of the innards!

[quote]
The logo for the BLF A8 from WWEFANS/Rey was sometimes flawed. No one it seems from the thread thought it was a fake Trustfire.

Is this only a logo print or is it a problem with light output/tailcap measurements too?

[quote]

Well for me I’m not worried what logo is on it, it’s just the light output is very dissapointing to say the least, haven’t figured out how to take tailcap measurements yet lol