Fasttech Sky Ray king $42 Fake?

Thanks, Ramblings.

As it approached 30 minutes, it was pretty hot, so I shut it down to cool it off. It did not back down at all during this time.

It appears to work well enough, so at $39, I think it is a good buy. I feel badly about those who received non-working ones.

WRONG, “alloys are non magnetic”, totally wrong, depends what alloys they are, a lot of alloys contain iron, nickel or cobalt, or a mix of, these ARE magnetic, ALNICO for example contains aluminium, nickel and cobalt, so it is magnetic.
Not that this issue is important here.
tabs

I stand corrected. Thank you, tabetha. H)

Suffice it to say that all of the alloys I have personaly dealt with are “non magnetic”.
They were chosen that way specificaly to avoid rust, crust, and/or electrolysis. Living on the coast lines dictates that rust preventatives must be in order. They must all test “non magnetic” for my standards or I will not use them. Selective sort that I am… :smiley:

I used to have to know all this boring stuff, as I used to deal with this stuff all day long, it is actually very, or rather nigh on impossible to achieve a 100% SS as well, so costly and long winded.
I just use good old marine grade SS where SS is needed.
I’m retired now so forgot most of what I knew, apart from how expensive this hobby can be ha ha!!
tabs

LOL…yep. I can see where living on the “Island” would make one as yourself expert on the old Crusting issues. Good to know someone knows what they are talking about these days. Thanks for the comment. :slight_smile:

The amount of rain we get, then gritters with salt etc certainly cause huge rust issues 1220mm year compared with US for example 715mm, pity though Soloman Islands at 3200mm, that is silly wet.
It’s odd my ford sierra cosworth had to have £850 of welding last year, that was at mates rates!!, it’s 1988(400bhp 2wd), but me astra 1994 has never been welded solid as a rock and lived by the sea side for the first 16 years!!
tabs

I have now used my FandyFire UV-S5, at the same time as my black SRK from fasttech.
The SRK is a much much whiter tint, but is to my untrained eye NO BRIGHTER then the S5, the spot is much tighter on the SRK, but the flood seems about the same, the throw is or at least seems to my eyes to be the same on both, if I was really pushed to decide which is brightest, which is what matters I think the S5 has it.
There is no way on earth that the SRK is loads brighter than the S5.
I just need to get on with the mods to the driver board now to up the amps.
Both lights were each tried with each others fully charged batteries hot off the charger, curiously I think the low mode on the SRK IS slightly brighter.
tabs

Anyone has experience (output, tint, quality?) with the black “warm white” version?

Update,
I used both my UV-S5 and the SRK in the woods tonight, local coppers thought I was lamping ha ha!!
Walking around my estate I didn’t think I liked the cool white SRK, but once in the woods after adjusting to the new tint I like it much better, things just seem so day like colour/color wise.
Just wish there was a way of slowing down the stupid fast strobe to 2-3 flashes per second, speed is making me go funny like tripping out ha ha.
tabs

Did a tail cap test on my black SRK from fast tech after i did some cleaning of the springs and driver board. showed up pulling 6.43 A.
Mine does not have the filled in logo and the anodizing does look pretty bad. Magnets only slightly stick to the bezel. if i let go they just fall right off. It’s does have white centering rings on the LEDs. 2 screws are missing from the bottom of the tail cap

Received mine friday.

The logo is well centered and filled in. The button switch protrudes a bit more, which is actually a plus IMO.

The machining and finish seem fine.

Seems to warm up FAST.

It's not quite as bright as my other King, but it's in the same ballpark.

The LEDs are centered fine, not perfect, but fine, although there is no plastic piece behind the reflector, to help center them.

Two out of the box issues;

-There is a smudge/fingerprint on the INSIDE of the reflector. Need to get the lens off.

-It works well, but has to be twisted in all the way in, very tight. I noticed flickering, tightened it, and it seems to be fine. I will run it longer tonight.

Still waiting on my FF Skyray King.

And it looks good.

Anno is good (couple minor blemishes), bezel appears to be stainless, anno on threads, lubed threads, o-ring present.

Stainless can be both magnetic and non magnetic, depending on the alloying. After working for years in a machine shop, you start to get an eye for different metals. The colour, sheen, finish after cutting, etc. the bezel on mine looks right and passes the quick tests.

It fires up, but my kumabear 3400’s are at 3.6v and I get to wait for them to charge.

The light at this voltage seems duller than I expected, but am withholding judgement until 4 freshly charged batteries get popped in.

No worries, once I figure out how to take this light apart without wrecking it, I will be modding the driver and upgrading to xml2 on cu. then the king shall take his throne.

I like the way Fasttech responded to this thread. :slight_smile:

Fast tech also sorted out all my issues to my satisfaction, in fact I couldn’t ask for a better service than I received, so I’m happy to continue dealing with them in the future, already got some more parts to buy, you know what it’s like!!
tabs

Need some opinions here: below are photos from the latest shipment (supplied by one of the two distributors). We’d like to ask for some inputs before sending them out.

So far we can confirm the following:

1. Bezel is definitely stainless steel
  2. The star on the logo does not extend beyond the left of Y in SKY. Logo is centered and does not look crooked to us.
  3. Tailcap current is between 6.3A and 6.5A on high
  4. Emitters are reasonably centered

Logos are outlined instead of filled :confused:

Again, they are not shipped yet. Do they look real or fake to you?

Thank you everyone.

Jasmine

I think that given the price, the units that are working are satisfactory to many of us. $39 brought quite a bit of lumens.

In a sense, it seems like a knock off of a knock off, since the design is a copy of the Tiny Monster 11. Now it may be a knock off of TM 11’s knock off, the Skyray King, but the price is right.

Fake or not, that batch of Black SRK’s look good to me. The tailcap current looks about right, finish is good. I’ll wait for actual owners of SRK’s to chime in, but from the pics and description, that looks like a great light for $39. Thanks Jasmine!

They seem to be good, have seen emitters centered much worse on other Kings. Does this batch include the warm white ones?

yes, this is cheap clone as selling on Lightmails, Manafont and many other sites. just buy one black SRK from FFL and gold from Hkequipment, and you will have good ones to compare and understand what is good and what is bad. price is good - but I prefer to pay additional $5-10 and get good one. just thoughts…

Looks exactly like the one i just shipped back to fast tech because it was a clone.