FastTechs huge new selection of Roche flashlights

f8 4c 8 ×amc7135 2.8a.

trust me, you will like this

you can pick between tan and black if you wish though :bigsmile:

+100%

Well I ordered a sand F12 with T4 7C driven @ 1A for about $360 lumen. Underdriven lights like this are frowned upon by most here, but I have a particular use for this light. It will only be used inside for ambient light so I wanted all three modes to be valid and useful (instead of high being a show-off turbo mode).

With that need filled I am now considering also getting an F8 for outdoor/indoor use at ranges <100yd or so. This one will be 2.8A! :slight_smile: The T6 4C and T5 5C are both very intriguing. The ever popular T6 3C neutral tint is nice, but I always wanted something a tad warmer.

How would you guys compare 4C vs 5C? How much warmer is 5C? Will do some searching, but if you could point me to some comparison beamshots that would be awesome.

Leaning toward T5 5C……… 5A3 or 5B4-ish….

Before Nichia 219 emitters , my favorite tint for color rendition was 5C . However , 5C is a bit orange-y .

Nichia 219s are my favorite too. Could stand a bit of orange. How much more orangey? I know this is hard to quantify with words. Any pics?

The zebralight 4200K on this thread looks damn near perfect to me:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2707?page=3

I do like my neutral ZL sc80w a lot, so no real surprise there I guess.

edit: for anyone else trying to decide tint, this thread has some good comparison shots too: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7853

Now that we’re on the topic, zebralight employs a Philips LUXEON Rebel (Tyical CRI: 85; Norminal CCT: 4000K) in some of their lights.
I really haven’t seen any threads of members who have installed this LED in a flashlight. I wouldn’t mind hearing a little more about high CRI Luxeon Rebels.

Outside of the Nichia 219, the Cree 4C tint is about the best IMO.

I’m a 4C advocate myself. I missed the XP-G2 4C at IOS. I hope Hank gets some more in.

By best, you mean for neutral with high CRI?

Two different flashlights with the same name F3? This is a little bit curious. The first has a similar design as the Ultrafire 501, but not a drop-in - it has a pill, which is a great idea :)

If you show me a Roche and a Shadow flashlight (without showing the brand) - I would say: They would come from the same factory. Build quiality of both is great. The DC8 looks really nice.

By the way: Thank you Haterade for the price modified ANSI White list :)

Found that ANSI chart on google image search. Not sure if the pricing text is actually valid at this time.

Are you saying Shadow has a model like the DC8 shown on this thread?

Nice to see people still get use of that chart with prices. I made it a few months ago. In some way that was the start for the LED Database (in my signature).
I love the T5 5C! It would get my highest recommendation for a general purpose XML light. Those who have seen it in action have really liked it!

Still not sure if that T6 4C is a T6. It does not exists according to Cree and Fasttech is only place to sell them. Their manufactuerer claims it it T6, but im guessing its T5 4C.

I dont mind if its t5 or t6, its a damm useful tint and all my edc’s use it now, when I get my mojo back, my work lights will both use it too as its perfect under vehicles for giving light without glare.

you mean 5C gords?

no the 4c racer86 mentions above, its my favourite tint and extremely useful too me, its certainly dazzling enough if you happen to catch it in your eyeline on high, t5 or t6.

Oh, right, thanks for clarifying. Really can’t decide if I want 4C or 5C… leaning toward 5C at the moment. Tomorrow? Who knows! :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren’t these the same as the convoy line at fastech?

no, similar options, different hosts I have a generic version of the f8 host from cnqg, i do not believe you will find a better quality host from any manufacturer this side of $90, that’s how good I think they are.