FastTechs huge new selection of Roche flashlights

better then the convoy s2 and m1?

the s2 is the edc 18650 yes? yep, much better than that, the m1 is this d4 host from cnqg its nice, but yep, much better than that, I’ve built all three and the generic f8 d5 host easily beats them all down for quality, integrated pill, screw in reflector, really robust ha3 (I use it at work, its been banged about and still looks new).

the roche, ouchyfoot is every bit as impressed with so I have no issue pushing this light as a good one.

I am holding a Convoy M2 in one hand and a Roche F8 in the other. Although similar looking, the Roche is higher in quality and design. Even the quality of the anodizing of the Roche is readily apparent. I have four M2 hosts at the moment. If FastTech gets in F8 hosts, I will build the M2s, sell them, and get F8s for my own personal lights.

how about the F12?

What about the F12?

is it also superior in quality compared to its convoy equivalent?

I believe it is of nice quality but a little cell fussy, which put me off.

Edit :- I’ve just found my d4 won’t take the sanyo protected cells I like :~

I just dug out the F12 Hank put in my order by mistake a while back.
Side by side the F12 and S3 are just tube lights, nothing to get excited about. The F12 has more aggressive knurling and deeper heat fins. It’s really picky about batteries though. The S3s tail cap comes off, but that’s it. The pill has to be accessed through the front of the head. The whole head of the F12 unscrews.
The S3 says “CONVOY” on the side of the body tube. The F12s tube is pristine.
If you only have a small selection of 18650s, the F12 might not be the one for you.
Is one better than the other?…they’re both tube lights…

Roches seem to prefer unprotected cells, and don’t like batteries with thick wrappers.

So the pill is integral to the F12 head? I like lights like that, so curious people don’t remove the head and get dust and dirt inside the reflector |(

Those look great. Has anyone tried a pair of CR 123s in one of the 1x18650s?
(I wish they made a few AA lights…)

Fasttech now have the F12 as a host, with a nice image of all the goodies making up the light.

+1

Also, a shorter CR123A/16340 version of the sexy F12 (in “desert yellow”) would be an instant buy for me.

Nice!

Oh man…. Roche + nichia 219 high CRI = :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I asked FastTech to carry some Roche hosts. I got an email fram them saying they’re looking at at.

“Thank you for your suggestion. We have added this to our to-do list and we will update you when it’s here.

Thanks again.”

I did the same about some Roche flashlights, like DC8, F3, F10, and got the same answer, hope we will see soon more models of Roche brand on Fasttech :slight_smile:

If enough people keep asking….

I hope they get hosts without the “Roche” name…
Am I the only one or one of the few who prefer hosts without names?

The F12 host doesn’t say anything on the body…just knurling. There is only “RocheF12” in very small font on the head of the light.

Really hope they start selling the DC8. If they offered it with similar options as their F8s I would definitely buy one.