Favorite EDC

Xeno E03 XM-L for me too.

whoa these are in ‘production’ already??

sc600 for me

Jack’s hot rod was the guinea pig, if it didn’t cause an emergency in his pants or burst into flames than I shall proceed making some more limited to 2.8 amps on turbo of course.

As far as EDC I still carry my Black Cat and my XML A30B

DQG AA anyone? :)

Nitecore D10 and one of these:

Apparently they are called CQG S1, I did not know this until now :slight_smile:

It varies a little, but mostly an EagleTac D25LC2. Very compact 18650 light.

Also have some SK68’s I use from time to time. And a Solitaire Mag on my keys!!! :smiley:

UltraFire 270-T60 stainless steel, modded with Nanjg105C/2.8A/luxdrv and T6 3C,
or P10-R5 (very light weight), modded the same way.

I EDCd a 14500 for a while, but was unhappy with the runtime, so I went for 18650.

+1 That’s on my key chain. I carry a satchel with me to work and in it is a SC51w and H51c (without a headband). I might scrap carrying the H51c now that I’ve got a DQG AA.

My EDC
DQG III ss on my keys
in some pocket a Balder HD-1 ( time ago a fenix e11).

DQG III Ti NW pre-production is always with me (in key ring). It's near perfect EDC.

How do you guys carry your EDCs? I keep mine in the front left pocket with my wallet and my knife.. pretty crowded in there. :D

Yeah, once I put the S4 on the little guy, my other slim tailcaps just didn’t look right on it anymore. :smiley: It doesn’t fit the pocket quite as nicely now, but it sure does feel good in the hand though.

Yes, yes - I’m referring to the L2M.

My current EDC is an Eagletac D25c clicky aluminum with XM-L T6 neutral running on an IMR 16340.

Has 3 modes on 16340: moon mode, low, and max. At max, the light runs direct drive at very high current and heats up very fast. I don’t have any way to measure output, but I’d estimate at least 600+ lumens at turn-on with a fresh IMR cell.

Very nice light. Very small for a clicky CR123 light. Very bright on IMR. Beautiful tint, and worked right out of the gate with no need to mod it.

I also have a DQG III stainles steel with neutral R4 emitter. Nice size, beam profile, tint and modes …. but, it sits in a drawer. Despite its ideal small keychain size I don’t consider it even remotely close to viable for EDC. The head wobbles slightly and isn’t very tight. And there aren’t enough threads on the head. From the off position, it takes less than 2 full turns for the head to fall off. If I stuck it on my keychain I expect the head would fall off and get lost within days.

I’m pretty disappointed with my DQGIII…. definitely not what I expected from a premium keychain light. Even a $5 plastic squeeze light would be more useful as a keychain light.

Loose in my front right pocket with my keys, pens, knife and kleenix.

I edc these:

itp a3 eos with a imr 10440 (keychain)
sipik sk68 one mode clone w/eneloop
sf l2t tailstand with a nailbender xpg2 cool white and panasonic 3400mah (from ric@cnq) - love this light!

i have some other nice and more expensive small lights but they stay on the shelf where they hide from scuffs and scratches of edc :slight_smile:

+1 I carry the same 2 lights

Nitecore D-10 xpg neutral

and the cqg s-1....... and I knew the name of them :P

Balder SE-1 (14500) clipped in left pocket. Shiningbeam S-Mimi (18650) clipped in right pocket. Minimal size/weight covers all bases in terms of amount of light as well as plenty of run time.

Keith

Well.. I have EDC'd DQG II, III SS and III Ti in my keychain for about a year in total and I haven't had any problems with head falling or getting loose or anything similar.