FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GetTogether *DATE CHANGE* NOVEMBER 1st-4th 2013 (NJ + surrounding area)

LOL, I know that look - my wife gives it to me all the time! LOL

Sorry you can’t make it, I guess there are no inexpensive direct flights from the Philippines these days :wink: Stay tuned for post event photos!

Sounds good to me, just don’t get all your fuzziness to close to the campfire! Fuzz and fire don’t mix well. The fuzzy trolls are always the first to catch fire when things get rowdy late at night! If I’ve seen it once I’ve seen it a thousand times. :smiley:

Dude, done! If you get me on the way its a done deal. I wasn’t sure how I was going to pack everything on the Harley. :slight_smile: The misses has already given me the green light for the boys out flashlight weekend. :bigsmile:

Ya, the two of us driving two up in the truck is a lot more manly than me riding B!&$# on the back of your bike. This is totally doable.

Do you think JM would make you wear the wig also?Just tryin to get a visual…thats all! :smiley: -Rick

Already have hair long enough to be mistaken for a girl, LOL. The beard might give it away, though.

LOL, Cool! sounds like you guys can make it :party:

Well I just reached out to Energizer and to Rayovac, I’ll contact Dorcy tomorrow - I know Dorcy will send us something they are very supportive of our Flashaholic community and just very generous in general. Dorcy sent me hundreds of lights to give out during Hurricane Sandy, and have supported past FCW and PF events. Let’s see if Energizer and Rayovac step up and send us some products for our use and review at FCW-10.

It will be fun to have a direct comparison of products from the “big three” “joe homeowner” general consumer flashlight companies! —Stay tuned

OK, I reached out to Dorcy today. Now the race is on. Let’s see who gets back to me first. I’m also curious to see who is willing to get into a head to head comparison and who isn’t.

I read a lot of automobile magazines, and they often have car comparison / head to head tests. I love it when they test the high performance models from the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Chevrolet, Dodge, Lotus, etc., etc., and one of the manufacturers doesn’t show up… I always figure it’s because they didn’t want their car up against the others in a direct comparison for everyone to see.

Rayovac, Energizer and Dorcy all make fine products that fit the market they are going after. I hope they all come to “play” and we can see how they stack up against each other first hand. You guys are likely just like me - my friends, family, co-workers, etc. who know I like flashlights, are always asking my opinion on what flashlight to buy - and they are not looking to buy a $100+ Surefire or even a $60 Fenix or Streamlight. They are talking about the less expensive one they can find at Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, Home Depot, etc. Perhaps we will have some great first hand experience to share with them after FCW-10.

Well that didn’t take long - Dorcy has already responded, and THEY ARE IN! …“Dorcy looks forward to supporting your Flashaholic community event, and will send out a variety of lighting products and batteries for your testing and enjoyment.” COOL!

I’m not surprised that Dorcy was the first, I do have a bit of a rapport with them. They have supported FCW’s in the past. Their response mentioned some new - yet to be released items, they will be sending, as well as some of their most popular lights, headlamps and lanterns. They will also include some batteries (likely the DieHard version ones - they have some kinda deal with Sears / DieHard now), to keep our lights running strong.

And what I was most impressed with was that they asked how we are doing in New Jersey. As many of you may recall I reached out to Dorcy during Hurricane Sandy and asked for some help while so many of us were without power for weeks. Dorcy sent me hundreds of flashlights, lanterns, and batteries. With the help of my wife and some other forum members we got lights out to so many people who really needed it. Being able to help so many people out was a real feel good moment for us. It was nice that Dorcy did it, and nice that they thought to ask how things are going here post Hurricane Sandy. FYI for those of you who don’t know - hundreds of people impacted by Hurricane Sandy in NJ & NY are still living in shelters, and the NJ shore is still a long way from being back to normal. Here is a link to a post about Dorcy giving me the lights for Hurricane Sandy: Why I'm into Dorcy and DieHard lights and batteries right now...

OK, Energizer has kinda responded…

“Thank you for contacting Energizer and for your interest in our company.

Your request has been forwarded to our Marketing Department for review. If
there is interest in your request, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you for contacting Energizer. If you need further assistance, please do
not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Energizer Consumer Services”

OK I got this automated response from Rayovac:

“Thank you for contacting Rayovac Customer Service.
Your inquiry has been received and will be addressed within 10 business days.

Thank You,
Rayovac Consumer Service”

Any new news KartRacer31?I told the cabin boys at work about this and I may have some company after-all!-Rick

I’d make a serious effort to attend this, and probably drag my 1966 travel trailer down there, but…I don’t go anywhere without my dogs, except to work…

Hi Rick - no new news from Rayovac or Energizer. If they don’t come onboard, I might reach out to Mag or some others.

Cool about your buddies from work, the more the merrier!

Hi dthrckt - I fully understand about the dogs - I just lost one of mine, which really sucks, we miss him so much. We still have his brother, and we take him everywhere now. My wife often comes to these FCW events with me, but she will be staying home with our dog this time. I wish you could bring yours to the site, but we just can’t do it.

Good luck with it :slight_smile:
Like to see flasholics and their lights

Im too far from it… other side of earth :frowning: But I will be there in my mind :smiley:

Thanks Pavithra_UK - we will be sure to take photos and vids which we will share here in the thread for those who were not able to make it.

Is it October yet?Feels like it here in MD!I am really looking forward to this KartRacer31….I am planing to stay Fri. and Sat. night.I may just tent out but will be bringing a 1500 watt gen. so everyone can charge batteries.-Rick