FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GetTogether *DATE CHANGE* NOVEMBER 1st-4th 2013 (NJ + surrounding area)

Hi Rick, It seems like October is so far off, but it really just a little more than 4 months till FCW-10. LOL 4 months, still sounds like a long time. Well at least it gives us more time to buy more lights! :slight_smile:

Hi scaru, Thanks for that bumpity - bummer you can’t make it. Hope to catch up with you another time. —Tim

Come on, Gang!! If you can figure out how to make this weekend do it! It's going to be a great time and the more the merrier!!

There are a lot of people on the eastcoast that could make it to this.I am really looking forward to it myself!

Hi everyone - so I haven’t been as active here on BLF as I would like to be due to some tuff times lately. I had to put one of my dogs down (which really sucked), and then I got laid off from work (which also sucked). Good news is that I got a new job, and things are looking up. I’ve been busy getting settled into my new job and will continue to be busy for the next few weeks until I get more settled in there.

As for FCW-10 - everything is all set, our reservations have been confirmed. We have what I consider to be the best spots in the whole state park, and I’m sure this will turn out to be a fantastic trip!

I’ll continue to make updates here. Keep in mind that we only have about 3 months to go! I’m looking forward to meeting everyone soon —Tim

Tim, sorry to hear about your dog.

Same here, Tim. I quite literally feel your pain. Hang in there. :frowning:

Thanks Guys

maybe try zebralight also. they are an american company and may be willing to help promote the get together

In case you are not following this thread from the start -

As I have done in the past for several FCW events, again this year I reached out to several lighting/camping equipment manufacturers/distributors, to see if they would be interested in supporting our event by providing some products for us to use/test/review.

Dorcy will be providing us with some products. Energizer and Rayovac were given the exact same invitation as Dorcy, but failed to see the value in providing us some products to review (or perhaps they were concerned with having their products face-off against like products from another company in real world testing.

I’m reaching out to a few other companies like Maglite, Life & Gear, Coast, LED Lenser, Black Diamond and a few others, and I will keep you all posted as to who else joins Dorcy in supporting our FCW-10 event.

Hi Pulsar, Thanks for the suggestion. I just reached out to them with the same invite to participate in FCW-10 as I’ve sent to the others. Hopefully they will see the value in providing us with some of their latest/greatest products as well!

Awesome weather day near me in NJ today. Nice and cool, no humidity. It really felt like a fall day, and got me thinking about how much I’m looking forward to FCW-10. :slight_smile:

Yup, for the first time in what seems like forever, I can actually just keep the window open, and not have to listen to the jet engine drone of the air conditioner.

Supposed to be pretty nice tomorrow too. I'm somewhat tempted to take the day off :p

Just a question..

it would be nice to do a HUGE COMPARISON photo shoot.

With so many lights together, it would be worthwhile to do a good comparison shoot, just like they did at Fonarevka,

example: http://fonarevka.ru/#

This is tempting, if it wasnt so far of a drive from here in Ontario Canada.

Me too, the weather the past two days has been amazing.A/C off and windows open!I am going to head to camp this weekend after work to further enjoy this weather and play with some flashlights!I think the up-coming FCW-10 will be a lot of fun!Now if we can only find a secure location for JM to land his private helicopter!LOL-Rick

:slight_smile: - infinitusequitas - are you thinking about joining us at FCW-10? I can assure you there will be no air conditioner drone noise, and all the fresh air you want to enjoy. Oh, and don’t forget about all the cool flashlights, and good company!

Well if you can make it you will very likely get the prize for the longest distance traveled! Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

Hi ChibiM - I was unable to view your link, but a comparison photo shoot sounds like a good idea. :slight_smile:

I'll definitely be there short of something unexpected coming up. I haven't been camping in a long time... now just need to buy some camping gear :D

Edit: I think a comparison shoot would be a great idea & activity. I'm sure between all of us we'll have a rather large collection of lights. Just need someone with a good camera, a tripod, and maybe a rangefinder.