** FCW21 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 3rd-6th 2024 at Spruce Run State Park NJ. **

** FCW21 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 3rd-6th 2024 at Spruce Run State Park NJ.**

For the past few years we have been combining the FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) and the FSM (Flashaholics Swap Meet) as well as a general GT (Get Together). It is time to shorten the name… FCW/SM/GT#XX is just too long! LOL Since the event is based around a camping weekend, I’ve decided to keep the original FCW name. And of course the #21 represents that this is the 21st such event. However, just to be clear, this isn’t just for overnight campers - all are welcome. Read on…

FCW21 Is a 4 day/3night camping trip / swap meet to buy-sell-swap: Lights; Knives; Camping Gear; and other cool stuff like RC vehicles, Solar related projects, or anything you collect and want to “show & tell”. FCW21 is also a general get together where people can come for the day, stay the night, or just join us for however long they can, and enjoy the company of other like minded individuals who share the same interests.

This fall we will be at Spruce Run State Park in NJ. If you can’t stay overnight, come up for the day… and stay into the evening.

THIS IS NOT A GROUP SITE, SO IF YOU WANT TO STAY OVERNIGHT YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR OWN CAMPSITE. PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME SO THAT YOU CAN PICK A SITE NEAR/AROUND THE REST OF US.

As of the time that I’m writing this the best sites that are available are:
Tent sites: #53, #50, #48, #46
Camper/RV sites without hookup: #47, #45
Camper/RV with hookup: #56

You must reserve the site you want yourself. If you are unsure how to do so feel free to reach out to me.

No matter what location we pick it will be a long ride for someone to get to, and no matter what date we pick it will be good/bad for someone. So I apologize for any inconveniences, and I hope that everyone can make the time to make the journey, and join us for what is sure to be a great time.

PLEASE HELP OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD about FCW21. These get together threads seem to be missed quite often. …Anyone who isn’t a jerk is welcome to come.

A quick word about being “jerky” If you want to get drunk and stay up all night disturbing other campers by being loud and obnoxious, and leave beer bottles all over the campsite, please don’t come. If you want to stay up all night trying not to disturb other campers with super bright flashlights, please do come.

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink for yourself, or for others. Firewood for the campfire is always appreciated.

IMPORTANT STUFF: Stokes is a state forest, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed. The park rangers do check, and if they catch you, they will ticket you and ask you to leave the park immediately, and no refund will be given. I love to kick back and have a drink myself, but this isn’t the place to do it. Needless to say no drugs, fireworks or firearms are allowed either.

Please be mindful that this is an outdoor event with sharp things, hot things, things that bite, and various poisonous things, etc. Please understand that you can get hurt around things like: campfires; knives; hi-powered flashlights; bugs and snakes that bite; twist an ankle on a loose rock, or trip on a tree root; and hey bears get hungry too, don’t sleep with beef jerky and candy bars in your tent; etc, etc. This is camping, be smart, be safe, and no one gets hurt, I assume no liability for your well being or safety in connection with this event.

If you are not planning to stay overnight - please come and join us and hang out during the day and into the night. Use the campsites and cook over the fire, etc. but please be prepared to chip-in and help pay for the use of the sites. In the past I had set an amount for the non-overnight attendees, but this time I’m going to leave this “donation” up to the individual.

EQUIPEMENT: If you don’t have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99. Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. And of course you’ll need to bring a flashlight!

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING: There is a Walmart about 20 minutes away.

TOILET PAPER: , Don’t worry they do have clean modern flush toilet bathrooms with running water within the state park. We have outhouse style toilets and potable water within our campsite.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the state park grounds.

WHAT TO DO: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc. This location has a beautiful lake, fishing, some fantastic trails for hiking, and pretty much everything you would expect a state forest to have. please follow the link to their website for more info. Along with the dense woods, their are also large open fields with distant tree lines, and plenty of darkness to test throw of lights. And in the past we have always enjoyed a night hike into the woods. Bring your bike if you want to ride it there. Games like ladder golf, horse shoes, and corn hole are fun, bring them if you want. Of course bring all the lights you want to test / play with and show off to others. And bring all the lights you want to sell or trade!

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

If you are planning on attending please let me know.

I must have been left in the dark as a child!

2 Thanks