Fenix ARB-L2S 3400mAh 18650 (Protected) Discharge Capacity Test (cell courtesy of Tinydeal)

Jane of TinyDeal sent me a PM asking if I will be interested to do some review on some of their products as part of their “Product Review” program. I mentioned to her I can do a ‘Discharge Capacity’ test review on some cell that they carry in their catalog as I am not a proficient flashlight reviewer as some of our members here. I suggested this cell:

http://www.tinydeal.com/fenix-arb-l2s-3400mah-18650-li-ion-rechargeable-battery-p-121653.html

Below are some factory descriptions:

SPECIFICATIONS:

3400 mAh high-capacity battery with outstanding performance
Three sets of over-heat protection
Built-in over charge and over discharge protection circuit ensure the max performance of the battery
Unique structural design for better impact resistance
500 Charge Cycles (A properly maintained ARB-L2S battery is designed to retain up to 70% of its original capacity at 500 full charge and discharge cycles)
Built-in over charge and over discharge protection circuit to ensure the maximum performance of the battery
Compact design, suitable for various high-intensity flashlights
No battery memory effect, negligible self-discharge

TECHNICAL PARAMETERS:

Model ARB-L2S
Capacity: 3400 mAh
Voltage: 3.6V
Charging Current: Recommended 1A, maximum 2A
Weight: 49g
Size: Diameter 18.5mm, Height 68 mm
Warranty Period: 12-month free warranty period from purchase date

!!

!!
This cell is a Protected, ‘wide’ button-type
!!
This 3400mAh cell discharged an excellent 3364mAh @2A discharge rate. I believe the cell inside the label is a Panasonic 3400 NCR-B.
!!

!!

Wow not bad. Can you measure voltage sag under different amperage discharges? It certainly looks good though.
Is the price on the site $21 for 2 batteries, or for just 1? Seeing as they’re individually packed I’m going to guess 1. They’re good, but a little pricey.

3364mAh @2A discharge rate!!! :open_mouth:

I dont even need to look and can tell you it will be one
Overpriced you can get 2 for less

The aggressiveness TinyDeal is currently showing in its promotions here, a pm to Jane will surely help about a better price I guess. They have a Tinydeal account here in BLF too. Jane is quite accommodating to such requests. :slight_smile:

@ tatasal
hello tatasal, you were involved in the charger groupbuy
at gearbest.
i had the impression that you worked for gearbest.
do you work for gearbest or any other online seller ?
is tinydeal run by the same people as gearbest ??
i am just wondering who you are.
i am not saying it is bad to be selling flashlights.
or that you are doing anything wrong.
i like gearbest.
thanks

edit—- in the photo, the fenix battery appears to be shorter than the panasonic battery—- so how could that be a panasonic battery inside the fenix ??? p.s. — i already know that i am probably wrong about this.

Hello cat eyes evil twin,

I don’t work for any online vendor.

Tinydeal is another business entity, with no connection to Gearbest (none that I know of at least)

On the Opus groupbuy, this is the story: In a great coincidence, Dora of Gearbest and Jane of Tinydeal almost simultaneously sent pms to me about proposals on promotion, group buys, etc. on any item, of which some of us also received such invitations. I happen to see a great potential in the BT-C3100 charger as a groupbuy item at that time. So I offered this product to them if they find source for this charger. Dora of Gearbest was ‘faster to the draw’ so to speak, and the rest is history.

If I take care the Opus charger gb with passion, it’s just because I feel it is my creation and just like ‘as a father looking after his son’, I feel wholly responsible to my ‘creation’. I am in close contact with Dora and Henry Xu of Opus so as to make the Opus gb run as smoothly as possible.

I am just a flashlight aficionado just like almost all of us here, and I enjoy looking for good value-for-our-money deals.

The protection pcbs used by the protected Panasonic and the protected Fenix shown in the photos are of different kinds/design/dimensions. Assuming both cells are using the NCR unprotected series as base cells, the difference in total length is in the pcb used.

Haha I do not think tatasal is an affiliate of any company, he’s simply looking for cheap deals, and online vendors are offering them to him and us in exchange for exposure. It’s a very common practice almost everywhere you look.

And even though it’s shorter, it does not take into account the protection and raised top of the cell, so the actual ‘insides’ of the panasonic can fit inside this Fenix battery.