Fenix RC40 Full Desktop Review by Patriot36

Since it is a such a "bad" f.light if anyone decided to throw it away I will be more than happy to pay for shipping :D

LMAO - get in line.

I'll even buy one if someone wants to get rid of theirs for $240 or less :p

I will get rid of mine in year 2043, maybe. :Sp

Dengoh,

My SR-90 battery pack failed. I’ve had the light since shortly after then came on the market. I bought it from Going Gear and used it to impress people with how far it could throw. It only had about 6 or 7 charges on the pack. I let it set for about 5 months recently and found the battery pack had went dead. It charged back up to full capacity as indicated by the built in battery tester. In about a weeks time it was showing one LED low. Now about three weeks later the pack is dead again.

I much prefer buying my own batteries and taking care of the individual cells. It also allows me to choose non-Chinese cells so I don’t have goofy battery problems. The average consumer is definitely better off with the pack.

I too had issues with my SR90 battery pack. Fortunately mine turned out to be the battery charger. I was able to pick up a car charger for cheap so I’m good to go now.
As a side note, Illumination supply just had their SR series battery packs on sale a few weeks ago for $25 - a phenomenal price. I picked up one even though I didn’t really need it. Yet. I don’t see it still advertised, but you might try emailing them and see if they have any left at that price.
Anyways, battery packs always sound like a cool setup. But down the road, if and when issues arise, that’s when you start realizing its not quite as good a deal as originally thought. And Olight is a quality light company just like Fenix. Perhaps Fenix will do better with their battery pack, but who knows.

Sorry to hear that your battery went dead in such short time. Battery with protection circuit must be charged regularly because that protection circuit is working all the time. Or at least give it a full charge before storage and check it regularly. I know battery pack will die eventually, I expect to only worry about it maybe 5 to 10 years later, though I could be wrong. But I believe their lives are as long as battery cell we buy and maintenance effort we put on it.

Man let me tell you one thing.

I’m new on this forum, and you probably know alot more about flashlights, batteries and all of the stuff for sure, i give you that.

But even noob like me, can notice that this flashlight, using older type of batteries and older emiter sold by this price is just classic milking, i’m sorry but i can notice that your ready to defend Fenix to dead, its to obvious my friend. You find the battery holder on Shocker crap, but yet this 2800 mah (unchagable) version only is good and you don’t mind? about the emitters its the same, you can’t look away from that, no no no. What Fenix is trying to do is release other version soon with XML2 and rob the current users, that’s like one big F, i would understand if they release the light before the XML2 was on the market, but now when it is, even U3 versions are out, they release high end product like this with inferior 1 years old emitters its just classic milking bro, and i don’t care if the difference is small,* for that price IT MUST come with everything best!*

Also one more thing for emitters, you don’t care for XML2? how about we use XML-U2 for many years to come, lets say all don’t care and whole industry stop making progress what then?

Sorry but your wrong on this one…your view is not objective at all.

Dear Patriod,

i really liked your review of the RC40, did not knew this was such a bright light.

I am sending my customers direct to your video so they know what Fenix RC40 is all about.

Keep up the good work,

Kind regards,

Bram

most of flashlight maker who triumph in past now go down below :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks okay.

Fenix RC40 2016 version is now 6000 lumen.