Fenix TK 75 & BTU Shocker DIY diffuser?

Anyone made one? what should i use? i love diffusers, but unfortunately companies don’t make larger then ~ 40mm diffusers which is very sad.

I saw this, and i tought i have to try it, its AWESOME. Its TK 75 with DIY diffuser.

What is the best material, regarding performance and usability? something easy to do and got good results? thanks!

ingenuity

Here's my version of a diffuser used for camping albeit not while walking around. Its a yellowish plastic cup.

Thanks, great!

These types of diffusers are incredibly distracting and glaring for the eye. I would prefer a diffusion film over the lens.

I dont believe a diffuser film over the lens will reflect light sideways where the raised diffusers will. The plastic cup I use works amazingly well and yes if the light is on high is glarey.

Film is good for pointing at stuff diffusion. A dome of some kind is much better for space lighting like a lantern.

Yes the film is better to be used in a directional application. I think the OP’s light would be best hung from the roof or somewhere high. It’s pretty much a light bulb. Putting it at eye level would make me swear at people.

Nitecore makes a 60mm Diffuser filter that I recently got. Fits the SupFire M6 and SRK lights great. Also fits my Fenix TK50 and TK60. Flat diffuser with rubber/plastic holder. Nitecore also does red, green and blue filters in the same size.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-accessories.html

60mm is not enough……at least ~ 90mm.

Olight diffuser for the SR90 is 100mm inside diameter. The SR91 version fits 79mm front bezel diameter lights such as Thrunite TK31 and TK32 per posts. My TK75 measures 87.5mm front diameter.

I have a TK70 and I discovered that a coffee lid works quite well. It fits right over the head just about perfectly and stays in place decently well. Get one of the ones with semi opaque white and it applies just enough diffusion to work quite well without making a huge lantern-type effect (whcih is a different use case).
I use my TK70 often as a worklight or floody light in this manner, moreso than I use the throw beam. The DVita Mocha Mix works as a red diffuser too.

you guys need to try my idea for a raised diffuser! i think you will love it, your kids my love it even more. you can thank me later haha.
All i use is paper, im not sure what type of paper this is, i dont have the packaging anymore and my girlfriend bought it.
but you can use any type really. i have all types of colors too which makes it really cool.
the white color does the best and brightest, but the colored paper gives it the cool factor.

the closest thing i found to the type of paper i have is wax paper
https://www.google.com/search?q=wax+paper&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=FP2_L9ahbgUSdM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcR1IuwRs3xiE62_Dqwo2Cas4cp8OkzOL6FfGP8-xB4WtTIQDCO6kw%253B1200%253B800%253BTq4fsE8u3t_B7M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fmanal-alalem-kitchen-tools.blogspot.com%25252F2011%25252F12%25252Fwax-paper-parchemnt-paper.html&source=iu&usg=\_*a1ZcVunNHUjep_Ebm3rF4WhyF-E%3D&sa=X&ei=xYO9U7brAdamyATijoC4Cg&ved=0CDIQ9QEwBA&biw=1366&bih=667#imgdii=*

this wax paper material is not as diffused as my paper, but still works fairly well.
so you cut the paper however long you want, depending on how bright your light is……
i usually do 12-14 inches.
all you do is wrap the paper around your lights head, one or two wraps should be good. then put some tape n it, and just taper off the top end by twisting it, and this closes the diffuser end and acts like a reflector now.

so now you have a home made light saber! it seriously looks like one. your flashlight as a handle, and the beam lights up the entire 12-14 inches of paper.

if you have any type of paper at home, just try it now, even thick copy machine or printer paper works, believe it or not, just not as good.
look around your house for any colored paper , that will prolly still shine through too.

and if you dont want the lantern style diffuser, then all you do is use the wax paper and cover the lens flat instead of a dome.

I need dome-like diffuser, flat diffusion don’t work for me.

Go to Ikea. Check out the cups, pots, vases, storage stuff. I’m sure there is something there!