Fenix TK41 Is A Winner

I know how happy you are, I've received my TK-45 last week, and I really love it. It's beam is flooder than this one due to the smaller reflectors, but it's not pure flood, I mean, the hotspot has a diameter of 5 floors on a building 100 meters away.

I'm looking forward to get my next Fenix, the quality is awesome..

You can regularly pick the TK41 up on ebay for about $98 shipped

I think I paid $110 from manafont when I got it.

Indoors there is some greenish tint to the corona, but outdoors you do not notice it. 4 brightness setting, and the 2nd setting is good for most use except when you need serious throw, so the batteries last a long time.

XED888. The buttons can be a little stiff which is good as they will now turn on in a backpack. The secret to the buttons is pushing the right side of the right button and the left side of the left botton. The tint on mine is cool white but it's warmer than some of my other cool white lights.

Lensman: The TK41 is one of the best tailstanding lights on the market. The anti roll works but I have better anti roll lights.

The Olight S65 isn't a thrower from what I hear. I have heard that the PA40 is a better light. It's not always just about lumens. I have an Olight M3X with 700 lumens and a Shiningbeam Blaze with 720 lumens. Both are XM-L lights but the Olight has at least twice the throw as the Blaze. Up close the Blaze is more useful because it really lights up everything out to about 75 yards very well. Not the bright hot spot of the M3X.

The TK41 won't match my Olight M3X in throw. The M3X is very similar in throw to the 7G5, Catapult and the TC40 along with the other best throwers that use 2x18650 batteries. If you only want throw, these lights are better but only slightly. In real life and if you are not comparing the small differences in throw, the TK41 will serve you just as well as these kings of throw. What it offers is it does other things that the kings don't do. Tailstanding is better, AA NiMh batteries, 4 very useful modes and a killer strobe that is hidden.

Probably the T40CS. But let me verify that later this week with what the camera sees and what I see. We usually see eye to eye.

I agree. I quickly compared both in my garage, the T40CS is definitely brighter. Wider and brighter spill.

Nice post to put things in perspective. There should be some better terminology or rating of a flashlight's ability to throw vs useful spill.

Sorry I missed your questions.

The switches are good. And they seem to work just fine. Now the tint if you look indoors on a white door or wall you will notice a vary slight yellowish spot inside the center of the hotspot. But you have to look to see it. And you really only see it up close. The hotspot is what I call mostly a cool white and is pretty bright. Now it's not as bright as the 7G5, M3X or T40CS. But for the most part I already knew that. And you won't notice this small tint difference in the hotspot outdoors. The one thing I did notice about the beam outdoors is that it is a little wider than what I thought it would be after watching the goinggear videos on youtube. Don't get me wrong it throws very well. But again it's not as tight of a thrower as the 7G5 or M3X. But the T40CS had a little wider beam than I thought it would too. And it still throws nicely. But overall the feel is what I like about this light the most followed by the modes. Then the looks would be next.

M3X is on the left and TK41 is on the right. You can see the larger hot spot of the TK41.

It's easier to see the difference in this smaller picture.

The TK41 is my favorite keychain light

I like your keychain light, but it must be hard to get it in your jeanspocket ;)

Wow. Is that a TK41 in your pocket, or are you happy to see me ?

Way to go Chicago. I guess us old perverts think the same way. I was going to say the same thing but held back because of the more family friendly rules put out the other day. Good thing you didn't say that at another flashlight board. You would be banned for sure.

That same phrase is in Roger Rabbit movie also, quite funny and family oriented.

Don't think one would be banned for that anywhere!

[/quote]

That same phrase is in Roger Rabbit movie also, quite funny and family oriented.

Don't think one would be banned for that anywhere!

You are probably right but over at that other site, you never know what will get you banned. King DM51, Prince Norm and Queen Greta can and do what ever they want. Sometimes what they do doesn't make scenes.

Roger Rabbit was quite spicy for an animated movie I will say.

so... I've got a TK40 , but what exactly does everyone love about this light so much?

Is it brighter than a p60 host with the MF xml drop-in? Of course it would run longer with better heating sinking.... but what else?

I believe they are referring to the TK41 not Tk40.

yea, I've got a TK40 though, which is the same with just a different emitter. (MC-E vs XM-L)

I sold my TK41 and kept the TK40, if that tells you anything.

It's a bit less bright, but the larger hotspot is more practical for my uses. The tint is also a bit better on the TK40, IMO.

If you need a thrower, however, the TK41 is among the very best.

I have not used a TK40. From what I understand, the TK41 is quite different from the TK40 in brightness and throw. Has enough extra output to make quite a difference. About the only thing I have heard where the TK40 is superior is it seems that the battery holder is built better. I have heard of guys that have a TK40 who wish they had waited and bought the TK41. It just has more WOW power.

Edit: I see that Chicago has a different view than I have. He might be right because he has owned both lights. Does Fenix even sell the TK40 anymore?