Fenix TK61vn = one bad boy = 622kcd !!!

That’s an awesome price, thank you. :slight_smile:

Yes the head was glued. And he actually glues them back when he’s done too. I think he’s worried about focus.
However anybody with a good strap wrench (Tom E :slight_smile: ) should be able break a stock one loose just fine.

Great, thanks. Just under double the throw with just under double the price too for K40 vs TK61.

i measured 600-615k on mine - that was on xtar 2600s, going to try soshine 3400s tonight (panny ncrb inside!)

I patiently await delivery. This light is all it was said to be after vinh got his hands on it. It was a must have after I got to experience the TK75vn.

any chance of seeing the beam shots? :smiley:

I know you’re tickled to death over those numbers, who wouldn’t be? Nice one, enjoy the heck out of it and be sure to get those beamshots up this weekend. Might have to come down and watch those being made, always a pleasure to be present when history is in the making! :slight_smile:

(still trying to wrap my mind around 622Kcd)

As soon as I saw rdrfronty post I rushed to see the numbers only to find that the tk61vn has officially been crowned the king of the reflector throwers.
I had my name in the k50vn batch but switched in hopes the Fenix would outdo it. ……. :smiley: :smiley: it did :smiley:

Just did a little impromptu DAYTIME photo with the TK61vn. This shot was from about 12m away. It is a little overcast, but still a pretty dang impressive spot. I can actually illuminate stuff a good 100m away when I was just out playing this morning.

Whoa. So cool. Congrats on that throw monster.

Really good ,but not a world record @ reflector based flashlight :wink:

Xandre

Xandre, do you happen to know what the actual world record is for a reflectored flashlight?

I think it is for a light that pretty much anybody can buy. I know those custom SR90 based monsters can beat it, but they are pretty much one of a kind lights. Vinh lights arnt officially “production” lights, but close enough.
As a side note, I’ve been tempted to do something similar to my SR90 too. I have a SBT70 in it and does about 1700 lumens and 325kcd. A pushed and dedomed xml2 or xpg2 would be cool in that massive reflector.
Do you know what was done to the driver on that SR90 on your other forum? I wonder if an XML2 could handle the stock driver without going POP……

No, i do not know what the world record is…

Maybe the XM-L deos not pop with the original SR 90 driver
but i do not really no … Just test it…

In the SR 90 shorty works a ~ 6A driver with XP G2 R5 . (now,later XP G2 S2 .)

With XP G2 S2 the TK 61 has a good chance to equalice…

Xandre

I just don’t understand how the throw could be so far. My MAXToch SN6X-2X has an XM-L2 de-domed and pushing all the amps it can handle, and a very nice reflector guiding it’s output. It’s “only” doing 365Kcd. I haven’t found the XP-G2 to be capable of the power levels that it would seem would be necessary to reach so far. Beats me how it’s done…

Your maxtoch Just has too small of head to get throw over what your getting.
Rough sizes and outputs for pushed and dedomed XML2 is popular throwers -
SN6X-2S = 62mm head = 365K
K40 = 76mm head = 395K
TN31 = 79mm head = 495k
K50 = 90mm head = 542k
TK61 = 96mm head = 622K
Of course the depths are different and effect these numbers too, but 5-10mm changes can make a big difference in throw on all these lights.
You just need to get one of these big guys and you’ll be set :slight_smile:

#1 element for reflector throw is inner diameter, given equal amps. Too much depth can reduce throw - it just narrows the spill from what I've seen. These #'s confirm the importance of width, but there are variations in shape, quality, and of course manufactured consistency from piece to piece, emitter to emitter, etc.

Right.

D 68 mm (2.67’’) because of diameter

Xandre

Well heck, now I dont know how big of head the light has. My first was 62mm. You just posted 68mm. Now here is a 63mm -

It’s SN6X-2S not SN6X-2X.