Fenix TK61vn = one bad boy = 622kcd !!!

I like the looks of the TK-61, but as far as the stock version goes there's not a lot of incentive to buy it.I would love to have one just so I can gut it and see what's going on in there.I think the factory mode spacing sucks,1000 lumens on turbo and 400 lumens high?really?With competition like the TN-32 they should have pushed it a little more.Vinh's mod is a must with this light and he did a great job bringing out the full potential.

They concentrate on the runtime without breaking the recommended current for the LED, but I agree it really sucks.
When Fenix people will see the power of the modded version they will probably make something similar to the TN32.

Yeah I do like the Supbeam K series and the TN series power levels better too. Some nice low lows and they have some very respectable highs that save on batteries vs their turbo.
But all aside, the TK61 is a monster thrower. And its still useable somewhat in normal flashlight duty. The intense spot is rough on the eyes though.
Well brother and I are heading out to try to do some beamshots. As long as the weather and conditions cooperate. Aiming on doing a group of Vinh thrower lights at 300m in our usual area - K40vn, X60vn, TN31vn, K50vn, & TK61vn. 1/2 of that group I haven’t done much or none at all for beamshots yet.
Brother is hopping to do a little light shootout too tonite if we can manage both. We’ll see how the evening plays out.

Yeah, the 2X is a bigger head than the 2S on the Maxtoch.

96? Geez that’s huge!

I remember reading a lengthy article about diameter to depth ratio for best performance, they recommended a 1:1 ratio or “square” for absolute performance. Don’t recall who wrote it, but it was a company that specializes in reflectors if MMSMC. In other words, that 96mm reflector would need to also be 96mm deep. “Square”

Do you know the reflector dimensions for the K50 and TK61?

Excellent,love to see the comparison shots.You guys always do a great job with these.

It is not just the head of a flashlight.

The real reason is the reflective surface in mm.

A friend of me (sma) checked the mathematic :

Example :

Trustfire T 90/2
Head is 96 mm, reflector is 84mm

SR 90 100mm head, reflector is 88 mm

Just 4mm differenz in diameter makes 10 percent in LUX… (theoretical )

Xandre