FFL505A Testing (Wurkkos FC13, FW21 Pro)

These are the strip LEDs bought when they became available for purchase at FF. There is no markings on them to discern a lot or grouping. The top is not marked with polarity. They reflowed onto the 5050 pad without issue. It looks absolutely fantastic in the FW21 Pro with actual thrown and no ugly yellow in the fringes. The emitter does a weird thing where is gets increasingly more neutral the meow power it gets. On Anduril 1 the dUV changes in the following way:

-.0113 level 2

-.0051 level 3

-.0019 level 4

-.0004 level 5

It is really lovely and rosy at lower levels and gets almost dead neutral at the top with zero green. Honestly, this is pretty ideal IMHO for something like this.

The FC13 looks like this:

-.0048 Level 1

-.0045 level 2

-.0044 level 3

-.0015 level 4

.0014 level 5

-.0016 turbo

It is much more neutral. Not sure how the AR of these and the reflector differences show, but it is much more neutral that the FW21. Maybe it’s a binning thing too? More testing from other people will confirm.

This might be the SFT40 4000k high CRI everyone wants. The CCT hovers around 3500k depending on the power. Waiting on luminous flux testing but it will probably be more efficient that the SFT40 3k which is 75% less then the 5/6k version.

2 Thanks

Thanks for those duv figures. They confirm what I thought my eyes were seeing: CCT and duv increase at higher outputs.

I have one of these in an SC31 Pro and I find the CCT/tint shift to be a little distracting when ramping. I also have one in a Convoy S8 and with 5A driver and using four modes. The shift is less distracting here since moonlight is hard to see, low is nice and rosy, medium hasn’t shifted too badly, and I use 100% sparingly. Outdoors the shift isn’t very noticeable.

I don’t have any measurement devices, unfortunately. I will say I’ve tried probably half a dozen different Yinding 5050 round die emitters and this FFL version is the nicest looking by far.

I hope one of our resident LED testers like @koef3 will get ahold of one of these to test out :slight_smile:

1 Thank

I think I will get some FFL505A next week :slight_smile:

As far as the increasing duv with increasing current is concerned, this is a very pronounced effect. It should not even be that extreme with the SFT-40 and -70. For me, this indicates reduced Tj of the chip or extremely temperature-sensitive phosphor layer. Although even the SFT-40 3000 K is far less extreme in this respect.

So, for me the FFL505A is not a SFT-40 4000 K, because the tintshift is (according to this data) extreme - and did not look nice if the complete performance spectrum of this emitter is used, too.

2 Thanks

I eagerly await your test results but am apprehensive because your SFT40 3k test was so disappointing. It is nice, but its inefficiency just kills my desire to swap it into much. A 40% hit over the 5/6k SFT40 would put in a desirable range for using it in a lot of lights personally. The tint shift with an increase of power, although probably undesirable to some, doesn’t bother me as it’s kinda nice as an indoor/outdoor transition. Rosy inside and cleaner white high power.

Yes, but I am concerned about the lifespan of this emitter at these operating conditions (overcurrenting). The Moonleds emitters recently were really bad in this term, even operating slightly below max performance point caused serious damage to the emitter…

Tbh for me, such an extreme tint shift is a bad sign in terms of lifespan.

Does anyone know the detailed CRI measurements, especially R9?

EDIT: Found: [LED-Test / Review] Fireflylite FFL505A (≈ 3500 K, 95 CRI) - hohe Leuchtdichte mit "rosy tint" | Taschenlampen Forum

Not 219b or 519a levels of R9, but decent enough.

It is also available here in BLF, in english :wink:

3 Thanks

Is it disappointing when compared to a dedomed 519a?
It also has higher lumens and r9 than the 719a.