Finally! Enlan EL01 at Fasttech

The Wave mod changes this knife into an absolute must have. It’s easy to Wave it and it opens instantly as you draw it from the pocket.

You could pay $80 for a Sypderco Endura Wave or you could spend $15 and 15 mins and have an Enlan EL-01.

I prefer not to have the wave mod so if I want to take it out of my pocket easily without opening, I can. Its only a split second to open it by the flipper if needed.

I know some people prefer it but I see it as a hinderance.

I like that knife!

I just ordered the big red Harnds, so I’ll let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

I’m very interested in that knife, I’ll be waiting for your views.

The wood handled EL-01D is very comfortable to hold and use because the scales are a bit thicker and more rounded at the edges.
Even more comfortable without the pocket clip.

Can’t decide whether that or the Ganzo G-712 is my favourite at the moment.

is this spring assisted? i do like that flipper though.

No. The Enlan is not spring assisted. With a bit of lubrication and practise it does open fully on the flipper though.

I will hold off on another until I find the EL01-D somewheres :smiley: Love them wood scales!

I made and uploaded this just now so you can see, hope it helps.

SK68 are garbage in quality in my experience and poorly built

EL01 is high quality compared to every other knife I have owned

So I wouldnt say its the SK68 of knives.

Our friend David has them for sale under $20.

Even though I really like my Cold Steel knives, I have to say that the Enlan EL-01D is one of my best looking pocket knives.

Is it realllllllly much better than a NAVY K-631 for example (I love this knife. COuld be a bit lighter, but it’s great imho) ?

Hello there, could someone tell me more about this Enlan EL01 people so very fond of ?

And also why jacktheclipper cut a round edge for ?

I not really into knife, I only have a CRKT Ignitor T & china-made Boker Plus mini edc knife

This modification is known as a Wave mod .

When you pull the knife out of your pocket , the little 'hook' catches the edge of the pocket and opens the knife blade as you pull it out .

Wave mod… thanks jack, I think I better google for this one.

Another question is, why is this Enlan so popular ? size ? design ?

I have the enlan el01 and not navy k631 but everybody will say you that enlan in general is better than navy.

Yeah!, i`m interested in that knife. I put a russian video here in blf about it in the thread “big folder….”

I gave some thought to why the Enlan/Bee EL-01 has achieved near cult status.

They reward the owner with noticeably better performance with a bit of effort, the owner can see a marked improvement in smooth blade opening by lubricating the pivot area and working the blade open and closed for a while.

The overall level of fit/finish for a knife of this price is very good.

There are so many models within the EL-01 range that there is something for just about anybody - black blade, satin finish blade, part serrated, plain. Handle scales G10 - black, grey, khaki, khaki/black blade (Boker Magnum A-Stan), rosewood scales, I’m sure I’ve missed some but you get the idea.

The blade steel - 8Cr13MoV - is very usable, easy to sharpen to a razor sharp edge and retains the sharpness, not as well as some more expensive steels but remember this is a budget knife. The same steel is used by more expensive brands like Spyderco.

It’s flipper design is liked by many, it’s a very quick and efficient way of deploying the blade. This can be made even quicker and easier by a little work with a Dremel or even a file to create a “wave” feature.

Strong pocket clip and also a lanyard hole that easily takes 550 paracord.

Very strong, thick blade.

Linerlock design. I say linerlock but the liners are thicker than some framelocks that I’ve seen.
Heavy, solid construction but at least it’s got lightened liners, without it would be a real heavyweight.

The only downside that I can see is the design on the pivot screw (triangle type) that needs a special tool to adjust, $18 from Exduct or cheaper if bought with a knife. The other options are to cut a slot in the end of the pivot pin or drill three holes, looks better, and use needle nose pliers or pins and a lever, block of wood and nails, cork and pins etc. to fit the drilled holes. There is also a version with three holes that works with the preceding method.

So the only drawback is the pivot pin and that’s just the design on the end, the pin itself is plenty strong enough.

The price, even though it’s creeping upwards, is still low enough to represent high value. You get a lot of knife for your money.

P.S. The EL-01 comes from Enlan branded as Enlan or Bee as do a lot of Enlan made knlves, there is no difference in the two just the badge.
Some if not most prefer the Enlan branding, the e’s on the Bee marking are designed to look like Pacman/Pacmen. I rather like the thought of Pacman with a blade. |( :ghost: :ghost:

It’s cheap, reassuring weight and size, fun flipper, not a terrible steel, good fit and finish. Even Böker are selling them rebranded now.