Finally! Enlan EL01 at Fasttech

I wouldn’t say the Enlan EL01 is flat out a better knife than the Navy K-631. I own both as well as almost all of the Enlans, Sanrenmus, Navy’s, Ganzos and any others that interest me.

The Enlan EL-01 is really nicely fitted together and finished. It is ones of the best Chinese budget knives in fit and finish. Pretty much flawless. The Navy is a better design and a more useful knife. The Navy copied Spyderco in certain ways so its not really a unique design like the Enlan. That being said, the 631 took some of the best aspects of a few Spyderco knives and combined it into one package. It’s hard to say what models the 631 is a copy of but the Spyderco G-10 full flat ground Police and Cara-Cara had to influence it.

When the EL-01 was $8.99 at Exduct (never again I fear), they were such a great bargain that you would have to be retarded not to own one. Now that they are about $15, they are still one of the best knives for the money but once they get up around $30 (and I think they will), there are other knives that are pretty good for that price.

8.99$ + shipping but now exduct has a free shipping. But certinly all chinese knives have a bigger price now. Now the el01 is 15$ with free shipping and it is one of the cheapest of all good knives. Navy k631, ganzo g704 or g712 are a bit more expensive.

Enlan makes some good models and Sanrenmu makes some good ones but they also make some stinkers. Navy and Ganzo make some nice knives and also have some duds. Depends on the specific model. For example, I would take a Navy K631 or Ganzo 710 over an Enlan EL-02 or Sanrenmu 735.

just purchased the black serrated blade from david at aliexpress.
i wasnt even in the market for a new blade either….grrreat, now im buying knives in a flashlight forum.hahah

So far I only have a CRKT Ignitor T & my edc, china-made Boker Plus mini

Enlan EL01 :bigsmile: m…u…s…t… r…e…s…i…s…t…

AliExpress has the EL-01D model. Quick check has it for ~ $18.00 - $20.00. And I’ll say it again, if you want the smoothest opening action opt for upgrading the cheap stock washers for phosphor bronze. JoBen of Lazy Lizard Gear sells the correct sized washers cheap. I’ve upgraded all my Enlans and it makes a world of difference.

So now I’ve bought 2 knives because I read a torch forum.

Nature found a way! :bigsmile:

Hey Chloe, are you suggesting this is an evolutionary step? Perhaps we are moving from homo sapiens to homo sharpiens. (see what I did there?)

:bigsmile: I bought my first two lights reading a knife forum. >.<

I thought that I had lots of stuff

Then I found out I hadn't enough

If you hang around here

It will soon become clear

That resisting new things sure is tough

Can someone do a short comparison between a Enlan EL-01 and an SRM GB-763? What are the basic differences?

Well, all are differences!. The size is not comparable, the srm is pretty small, the el01 is much bigger. The el01 is linerlock, the srm axislock. Only the size do that they can’t compare.
Due to theirs sizes choose your favorite size (for EDC is better the srm 763, for heavy tasks the el01). Both are great!.

Here you have a comparative:

The el01 is the third from left, and the 763 the second from left.

They are kind of polar opposites. 763 has a relatively thin hollow grind slicy blade, much thinner liners, pocket clip can be mounted on the other side if you’re left handed.

The EL-01 is big and heavy and really not much of a slicer.

No, El01 costs 15$ in fasttech.

http://www.boker.de/taschenmesser/magnum/taktische-einsatzmesser/01EL001.html

The original knife is the el01 from enlan. Buy that in fasttech, it is the same from boker.

I like that German people appreciate the good things :slight_smile:
Recently I purchased my second enlan EL01B

I was trolling you! :party:

Hi everybody !
Juste received this fantastic Enlan EL01 and I’m pretty happy with this knife.
I just replaced the funky pivot screw (really easy, with a torx 8 from an old HDD and a washer), modded the flipper a bit, made the edge convex, used acid on the blade.