Finally got it. My 200mm aspheric lens

I know I posted this in my BLF contest thread here, but I couldn’t resist posting a separate thread on it.

I got my lens today. This thing is massive. It is yellowed, has some scratches, very small bubbles, and some swirling. I believe it used to be in a theater light. It is approx 204mm by 50mm. Focal length is about 270mm. It weighs 3-4 pounds. All I can say is WOW

Picture of lens on a 8.5x11” piece of paper and over my hand

Picture with an Eagle Eye X6

Picture with next to a Uniquefire 1504 with a 67mm lens

Wow, so does that weigh much more than the battery packs you plan on having in the rear of that zombizooka thing? Wondering how it will balance out.

That is just way too cool!!! Since I’m a judge I’ll try not to be too bias, but I love large aspheric lenses and can’t wait to see how this one turns out! :slight_smile:

It looks like a very fine lens indeed. And the relatively short focal length makes it quite useful (more lumens).

BTW, what makes you think it's aspherical? At first glance I thought it was a spherical one.

And even if it would turn out spherical, then a precollimator could balance this, I believe.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Amazing lens!

It was sold to me as an aspheric lens. It may be spherical. Either way, I need to see what this baby can do.

Run for the hills. That object looks downright dangerous let alone whatever it ends up being attached to. Looking forward to the build thread on this monster.