Finding Extra Protected Batteries for the Acebeam E75

Hello,

I’m trying to find extra batteries for the Acebeam E75. On their site Acebeam Site, they sell for $20. From reddit, it sounds like the default cell is about 74.7mm in length. I’m thinking of getting the Vapecell P2150 but it looks longer at 76.6mm. Is that going to be an issue and/or are there other recommendations for other batteries? The normal Li-ion warehouse protected one (without USB-C) seems to be the same length at ~75mm,

It seems that new users have a weird cap of 2 links max so I can’t link the two cells from Li-ion Warehouse which I plan to buy from…

It’s a pleasure to know you, Kitty!

1 Thank

Here’s some high capacity protected 21700 cells…
http://batteries.parametrek.com/index.html?size=21700&mah=4800,_&features=protected

1 Thank

The top two on your link are the ones I am debating about. I’m just concerned if some protected cells are too long to fit or is that not really a concern here and I can get the one with USB-C charging on it?

Convoy sell spacers which allow you to use a regular flat-top in the E75.

Are there any safety issues using an unprotected cell or does the E75 have protection built into the light already?

The E75 has low voltage protection. You can just use a standard flat-top but because they’re shorter the light will switch off if it’s jarred. With the spacer it works as normal.

How hard are spacers to remove/use? I assume when you unscrew the cap, the thing falls out before you even remove the battery? Also which side do you install it to? The positive terminal or the negative terminal?

Not if you put it into the positive side, then it stays there unless you flip the light upside down to remove the battery.

Easy to use, drop the spacer into the battery tube first, mostly it will land nice and flat but if not a little shake will get it to drop into place. Insert battery and use as normal. Some people use magnets, but I prefer the spacer as it’s non-conductive apart from the button in the middle and because it’s sized to fit it can’t shift around and possibly short something.

I picked up a couple of 18650-sized and 21700-sized ones, I think the total cost was about £4. They also allow me to use flat-top batteries in my MH20 which has mechanical reverse-polarity protection.

As mentioned by @YBF650 removal is just a matter of tipping the tube and they drop out.

1 Thank

Too much thought gong into this.

The spring compression allows for slightly different length batteries.

The Acebeam batteries are likely super premium A grade cells, so probably best to get those.

They’re twice the price of Samsung or Molicel, doubt they’re twice as good.

2 Thanks

Yeah, I would go with Samsung/Molicel (with a Convoy spacer) from 18650batterystore.com (when they’re in stock). :+1: