Finding: small EDC that is only around 6cm?

No goof. That is the size of each battery type, not the size of the host.

LoL oops :frowning: sorry all

Well my vote goes too the Nitecore or the BLF mini :wink: there small enough
So is the quark mini cr2

Or I could make you an XP-G2 solitaire to run 700-760mA from 10440. Or 350-380mA from 10180 or 10280. With 10180 it’s about 53-55mm long. Cost twice as much as a Mini 01 but unique as hell. Pick your color. Black, grey, blue, red, orange, or de anodized silver( you get to wax that one).

I have the Fenix LD01 and the Olight I3s. The Fenix may have an edge, but it costs about 30 bucks. I ordered the Olight I3 here for 20 bucks and they sent the I3s. I cant say that will happen for eveybody, but it did for me. And I really like the I3s. Perfect key chain light and it has a good clip.

Just to update this thread. I ordered a BLF mini waiting for its arrival!

But I would still welcome more suggestions! :bigsmile:

My i1 has been through the washer/dryer twice now, and is still going strong.

Highly recommended.

Waterproof and heatproof? Won’t the battery become too hot in the dryer?

The protected, AW-branded 16340 is still going strong. I have it marked now and am keeping an eye on it, but it's still behaving normally after 3 charge/discharge cycles since the cleansing.

The anodizing was abraded from the leading and trailing edges of the light, but no other physical damage is apparent. I continue to EDC this light.

Four Sevens Quark Mini 123 is only 60mm long. It has been my EDC for years and will remain so. Best. Light. Ever.

Do you mean the Quark Mini CR2? Did a brief search and the length is 2 inches, which is only roughly 50.8mm!

No, I use the Mini-123 that uses CR-123 batteries. More capacity than CR2’s. Also a light can be too small… it makes for awkward grip and use. I find the size/fatures of the Mini-123 to be perfect.

I see. Thanks for the suggestion. Now I have more to consider, while still waiting for my BLF mini :smiley:

I’ve got a mini-01 BLF edition coming. I wanted something really small.
I looked at the size of a lot of the AA budget lights and they were too big for edc
for me. To me an EDC should be something to use when nothing else is around - like
getting back to your car, looking for something dropped, etc.

like my EDC knife is a little one bladed peanut knife - it disappears in the pocket.
It’s not for survival, cutting wire, etc, just everyday lightweight cutting tasks.

Just to update the thread.

I now have 2 of the lights mentioned :slight_smile: I think I’m done… not! Now thinking of getting Olight i3S :frowning:

Here’s a pic of UltraFire UF-T1, put against a BLF Mini as comparison to the size.

How are you finding the UltraFire UF-T1? I have the Preon P0 (a lovely light and very small!), but I’m not sure what you need from an EDC.

I’m using it now mainly as a night light. The low (3 lumens) is just enough illumination to nagivate around the night. It’s very small and slim indeed. I have also come to appreciate twisty as I can activate the light in silence, without the clicky sound disturbing others in the same room. As for EDC, the 80 lumens provided by this is too little for me, and I bring my BLF Mini around (it’s really bright!).

Preon P0 is also a nice candidate for a night light, might want to get it also :smiley:

That is damned tiny (both the Quarks)! :open_mouth: Even the Sens Mini (cr2) is 57mm. I think I need to get out more.

Well, I’ve only had it for a few days, but I find it is more suited to night light duty, and task lighting due to its full flood (like removing the lens from a Sipik SK-68). I do wish it had a bit more of a focused beam and neutral white but it’s still a very nice light to own.

I’m also thinking about the DQG IV…

Hi devman, I just got myself a Nitecore SENS Mini from FastTech, and some 15270, CR2 and realise that none of my chargers fit. What charger do you recommend?