[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

OK

Just know that for the L2 you need either way short tube and XML2/XPL 3V LED
or 2S Driver with long tube and XHP50 6V LED

rest in PM

Thanks Lexel. PM replied to.

Although I’m planning to use my L2 in the 1S configuration, I’m curious to know whether any the boost driver you’re developing could provide 12V with either one or two cells.

The new boost driver supports Narsil and Bistro OTSM
the thing is they are right now limited to one LVP level, so if configured to 1S they will have 2.8V LVP also if you put in 2 cells so then you got to use protected ones

Does the efficiency of the torch change when running the boost driver from 2S rather than 1S?

I’m guessing that the higher input voltage might mean less current drawn from the two cells, leading to a better runtime than if they were in 2P configuration, but I really don’t understand the electronics.

2S to 12V is more efficient than 1S because less voltage gap
and the voltage sag of the cells is lower

current firmwares only support one LVP level, maybe this can be changed in future ones

I will check back in ~20 days. Thank you so much!

Hi Lexel,
I would like to order one 17mm Narsil driver (that is FET+7135 with pads for e-switch, right?), for the Sofirn triple C8 host. As the host features leds on the switch board, does the driver come with pads for them (like in the Q8)?

It supports output of the indicator LED

The new 17mm with LDO added has pads where you can solder a resistor, but no dedicated pad for one, if you cut the trace for R1 Vcc you can use that resistor pad foran indicator LED resistor

The switch board of the Sofirn light has the resistors present :slight_smile:

I get you a PM!

Hi, I would need the following drivers,

2x 30mm NarsilM 2S PO=NO SD=6V 50°C , indic. led
1x 17mm NarsilM 1S PO=NO SD=3V 50°C , indic. led

it’s possible?
how much is the total to pay?

Thanks.

Hey Lexel, I’m interested in two 21mm thin boards with narsil for H03 lights, with springs. Any progress on getting new boards in?

I should get them early next week or maybe this friday or saturday

@Lexel

If you have parts available I’d be interested in a 2s srk sized driver. Double switch tactical with ‘remembered’ level or if not possible turbo at power up and fully populated 7135s for use in my aborted contest entry. 70°C step down. Basically, something similar to the srk I got from you that’s in my chimera but with the most recent firmware and hardware improvements.

edit: other sizes are possible but bigger is better for thermal transfer (larger contact area) since this light will be housed in a 4 1/2” od 1/4” thick 12” aluminum tube that will have plenty of mass and surface area to dissipate heat.

added new revisions wiring picture

Nice.
I am noticing the black lines are pretty hard to see. Maybe brown is a better color?

Ah, blue is much better to see.

So red is positive and blue is negative.

I recently received and installed my MT03 driver, works fine. Thanks!

Lexel, do we still need a resistor for the indicator LED on the 30mm driver??

You always need a resistor. The little smd leds will blow up with 4.2v and too high current.

Lexel will add a tiny smd resistor to the pcb then you attach the wire to the other end, but they are fragile and can easily break. I usually add a beefier resistor inline on the wire from the driver to switch pcb.

Some switch pcb have a resistor built in. So check for that.

OK, thanks Jason. The one I received is exactly as pictured with no resistor on the ‘IND’ pad. I was thinking maybe lexel had found another way.