[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

the new versions of 30mm, 21mm S42 and bigger have a populated Ind/Vcc LED resistor pad
I preinstall there 33k as a moderate value, can be made brighter soldering a 2. 0603 resistor on top

Yeah, I noticed the new design. In the 30mm driver pictured above, is the indicator led resistor the one to the right and below the positive indicator pad? It looks like it has the letter M on the resistor.

Or is it the 2 blank pads to the right and above the positive indicator pad?

There are two Pads for indicator LED
One used with 3 channel 1S or 2 channel 2S with LVP with MCU output
The other for 2S 3 channel with 5V for the switch LED

Hi Lexel,

I’d like to buy 2 x 30mm 2S drivers with NarsilM for my L6s.
Reading through this thread, I see there’s an option for moon mode when first powered on with the rear switch - that’s my preference.

I’d also like 5” of 1.0mm2 wire.

Tracked postage too, please.

Can you let me know what other details you need?

I have also soon 4 LED side switches and special for the L6 e-switch compatible 8x rainbow tail LED boards that have a voltage regulator and so the bleeder can be chosen with a very high value for low parasitic drain

Wait, I dont understand. I can use this driver board to have narsil + Usb charging for the S42?

I seem to recall Lexel saying you can add the stock usb charging board to his new S42 driver.

Or it might have been Texas_Ace. He’s designed new drivers for the factory. So the S42 will soon come brand new with his upgraded driver.

yes…there are a few steps you need to do to make it work. Took me a few tries to get it working but it’s working great!

I dont have the tools or expertise to take apart that flashlight and install it, could I possibly post it to have it installed (at a cost obviously)?

Definitely interest.

how long is the wait?

Thanks for the drivers lexel. They look real sweet. Now to find some time to do something with them. :beer:

+1 What Edness said.

Finally got mine installed over the weekend.
Access to Moonlight/Turbo/Last-Mode-Memory - check
Stepless Ramping - check
Locate-me mode, when off - check
and USB charging - check!

Thanks Lexel, for providing these nice S42 drivers.

I love the S42 with the new driver, but I hate the quad optics that came with the light. I’m waiting for parts to convert it to a triple.

the quad optics can be modified to get em resting on the LEDs, you have to remove some material near the lefs to get em deeper in the head
then you have to put a spacer between glass and TIR on the outer ring

i did that. My problem is that I’m using XPL HI. Any emitters with the dome on i can deal. I just love the beam of the triple.

Lexel Ill take two:

22mm Bistro HD OTSM Attiny25V one with steel spring and one without.
both with silicone wire…. But not sure on the length, Ill take your advice on this one.
Moonlight + Heat monitor + Ramping UI + Memory in one…. and Moonlight + Heat monitor + 4 Mode + Memory in the other. If possible.

Fully assembled

This going to be for an Ultrafire F13 triple so any advice you would have that the board will need, I am open for it.
Here is the MPCB I am using… (3) Nichia NVSL219C D240 4000K 90+ CRI LEDs on 20mm 3XP MTN DTP Copper MCPCB

Thanks!

Lexel

I am after a 21mm by 1mm board to go into my Skilhunt HO2 to replace its dead driver

It is used for mainly close up work 3-6 foot so I use mainly around 300lumens (at a guess) to see behind dashboards in cars/vans.

How much for assembled driver for this ( I presume it’s the same as the HO3 driver? )

Ramping with memory with option for modes

Thanks

Lexel, I was responding to a post on a S42 thread about the Narsil driver and a question occurred to me.

On the Narsil Driver, one of the switch LED’s is being used to indicate MCU signals, but the other switch LED is unused. Would it be possible to wire the second switch LED to someplace on the remaining USB charging board to lit when there’s current flowing to the battery for charging, and to turn off when the current drops? This would essentially provide the “charge complete” feature that the original S42 offered without need for the old (now partially disconnected) MCU.

I need a 22mm 1s fet+1 driver with spring and wires installed.

The question is how the old MCU detects charge complete from the Charge IC

It may be possible to hook one LED on it
But I do now know which IC they use and cant check as I have no more S42 to look and no pictures of it