[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

Great, I’ll be ordering from you again real soon.

For those that have put this driver in an H03, did you have any issues with there being no direct thermal path from the emitter to the driver?

I have 3 BLF Q8, may I purchased 3 Q8 boards?

the thermal path is there, just the driver stays cooler as the head or LED board, so a lower value has to be programmed like 55-60°C to have the LED board on a good max temperature

Hi,

I can make 3 Q8 boards, but I am almost out of 7135s
I am waiting on a new shipment of 600 AMC7135s that I have ordered 2 weeks ago
I will ask in German forum if someone could help me out with some

Ok ,
Thank you

I would buy a kit (ready to reflow minus paste) or a ready to run driver if available, lmk.

/e Sorry, 17mm
14.5$ with temp+LVP calibration and max temperature preset,
14$ Bistro HD OTSM Attiny25V

One of each.

Also I want to talk to you about 2 or 3 lighted tailcap boards.

Size and firmware?

Lexel…thanks for the S42 driver again! This second one took only a half hour to install.

I did accidentally dedomed the emitters while screwing down the bezel. Oops.

Hey lexel,
I’d like to get a 17mm driver that is 6v. I’d like to power a XHP50.2 with 2x 3.7v lion batteries. Bistro is the firmware I’d like but is there a way you can change the order of the hidden modes? I’d like the order to be 100% then tactical strobe. After that I don’t care as long as the first hidden mode is 100% and the next hidden mode is tactical strobe. Can that be done?
Thanks!

Just wanted to thank Lexel for the Narsil M driver and follow-up. Astrolux S42 really nice UX. First mod but not the last…
v1.2 differs a bit from my BLF Q8 (v1.0) - 5 quick clicks goes to a momentary tactical turbo. A nice feature of this size light!

Lexel,

What is the process for getting the S42 driver to rescue this light from my drawer? It sounds like at least a few people have done it now.

If you just want to replace without keeping the charging board its a pretty simple mod
Driver has 2 switch connection points and 2 LED outputs

You can also solder the old charging board on it and remove the MCU on it to get rid of the high standby current, charging works then but if you want to know the charge status you got to use Narsils battery check blinking out the voltage

I’m interested in getting new drivers for my Astrolux MF01 and my Conviy L6, both with NarsilM. What do I need to do? Thank you.

How’s the parasitic drain for the switch LED? I did connect it on the second s42…with the old mcu disconnected.

Hi Edness, it was your first S42 driver upgrade that spurred me to do mine, some details of my S42 upgrade here.

The driver is very energy conservative, when it’s first turned off it draws about 4.66 mA (presumably the MCU is in an alert Standby mode) but after a few seconds it drops into a deeper standby mode and draws only 0.09 mA. I don’t know the split between MCU and switch LED but regardless that’s 95% less than the OEM Dragon Breath Mode.

So if I got the Q8 2S driver, could I replace the LEDs with XHP50.2 or XHP70.2 LEDs?

Yeah, if you mod the rest of the light.

Nice! It was tricky but it was much easier the second time. I wanted a rechargeable high CRI light so decided to mod another one. I mixed Nichia 4000k and 5000k 90cri emitters. I also mixed xp-l hi on my other S42.

I was thinking about converting to a triple like I did with my s41, might do that later eventually.

I found today, that the 30mm 2S driver when used in FET+1 configuration has a design error that affects only the Indicator LED Output
it needs a fix cutting one trace and do a bridge from LED resistor to MCU pin 3

It looks like this particular thread is going to be winding down and a new thread for new orders (Part 6) will be starting up over here.

Sale 6. Batch TA 1S or 2S Bistro HD OTSM/NarsilM drivers 15-47.5mm size fit, S2+, C8, H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 Clicky or E-switch